I worked a 12 hour shift all day Saturday and finally got a break to call and see how everyone was and they were all great. Josie had slept great for them and was hapopy as could be. That evening my Aunt PK was in town so she came over and spent the night which thrilled me. We stayed up late talking and both agreed it was soooo weird to be in my house without the kids. It was too quiet! But I was so happy she stayed with me as I grew up next door to her and spent LOTS of time at her house and miss seeing her lots. I also slept great having someone else in the house! Thanks Patti K! Come back soon and bring Jim!
I had another 12 hour day Sunday and must admit I was missing my kids quite a bit by now. They were not missing me so much though. They were having fun washing cars with Dad, going to Dairy Queen, getting toys at Walmart, and just getting spoiled. I left work a bit early and drove in to Mom and Dads. I told her to keep Mag and Owen up so I could see them, but I didn't get there until about 9 so I knew Josie would be asleep. When I got there I heard Maggie and Mom in the famly room playing and went in to see them. Owen was sound asleep on the couch sitting up.
He looked so sweet. The next morning when he woke up he looked over at me and said, "mommy!! I didn't know you were here!" Josie was equally as happy to see me too. And I was sooo happy to see all of them. I am just not a big "break from my kids" kind of person I suppose. I prefer the craziness to the quiet. :)
My cousins from Virginia had come in this weekend as well and had planned to have all the 3rd cousins over (3rd is right isn't it???) to Liv's house (parents house) to slip and slide. Now this just wasn't any old slip and slide party.....Olevia's house in on a HUGE hill and they bought 4 slip and slides and her husband, Durell hooked them all together coming down a hill. He was as excited as the kids I think about this....Liv says he has been wanting to slip and slide down it since he saw their hill for the first time. I wished Joe had been there as he would have loved this too. So all the little cousins came over and had a blast all day playing the the slip and slide and having water balloon battles. Maggie and Owen thought the slip and slide was soo neat and once they got the hang of how to do it they flew down the hill. Owen was so small that he got alot of air when he would hit the ramps. It was so fun to watch them all. Josie just played in the water at the end of the slip and slide a little. She spent most of the day with Uncle Jim (who she loved) or letting PK rock her to sleep. Here are some slip and slide pictures of all the kids.....
And here are all the "little" cousins....biggest to littlest.
Gwen, TJ, Gracie, Maggie, Owen, and Josie.
We spent the whole day outside playing so it really wiped the kids out. Here is Maggie and Owen when we got back to Mom and Dad's.
We spent the rest of the week visiting with family and went swimming one day with TJ which was fun. I got a night out with Tab to shop and eat which was fun as ususal...I wish she lived closer so we could do it more!! Although Joe and Josh would probably limit us to just eating!
Several friends that I grew up with that lived on my street have now moved back into their parent's homes so one evening Christina (who lived next door to me growing up) and Josh and Tab (Josh was my 1st friend, and his wife Tab and I are now friends!) brought their kids over so they all could play. It was so neat to see my kids playing with my childhood friends kids. Here is a picture of them all.
Our week flew by and I didn't get to visit with everyone I wanted to but it always seems to go by quicker than I expect it to. We headed back Friday afternoon....Owen and Maggie in tears, as well as Mom. :) Every little bit one of them would say, "mommy, I am sad. I miss MiMi." When we got home, Maggie dissappeared to her room to play for several hours and Joe got home a little bit after we did so it was nice to all be back home together. He said his trip was way too long and he doesn't ever plan to be gone that long again. The kids played with Joe that evening and I thought Josie was going to bust she was so excited when she woke up from her nap and saw Joe. It was very cute.
That night we put the kids to bed, and I could hear Maggie in her room crying. I went in to find her sobbing into her pillow. I asked what was wrong and she said, " I miss MiMi. It made me sad to see her so sad so after a few minutes of talking and me getting no where I let her call mom. I told mom she was really upset and wanted to talk to her, Mom said she didn't know if she would be any help....she missed her too and might start crying. :) Well, they talked a few minutes and Mom cheered her up after they planned out Maggie's next trip there. (Maggie wantes to go by herself for a few days before she beings Kindgergarten so she can have MiMi and JaJa to herself) So I got Maggie back in bed and settled and asked her if she missed Mommy like that when she was at Mimi's and I wasn't there. She said, "No Mommy, why?" :)
After everyone was alseep Joe and I had a date night of our own in the basement. We ordered PaPa Johns and bought a pay per view movie. Joe picked out the movie "Taken" which was great. Although I spent the entire night checking on the kids to make sure they hadn't been stolen and sold on the black market in the middle of the night.
We have now just continued with out normal summer schedule....pool, free lunch, pool, naps. I LOVE SUMMER TIME!
1 comment:
Megan and Emma were just like that at Maggie's age. They'd sob in the car after Mom and Dad told them good bye when we'd leave on the weekends. They are both through it now.
Post a Comment