Sunday, June 07, 2009

Weekend fun...and Happy Birthday JaJa!

So I hope you have all enjoyed reading my catch up blogs. Joe has been out of town this weekend on a golf trip so I don't sleep much when he's away so I took the opportunity to use those late night hours to update. Anyhow, I am not updated to the current time and hope to keep it that way.

First I want to wish my Dad a very happy birthday!!! I was a horrible daughter and totally forgot to tell him today when I was talking on the phone to him. I love you Dad!

So a cute story about the kids.....

Maggie and Owen were fighting the other day over a little blanket for their pets. I walked in and told them they needed to work it out and I was giving them 2 minutes and then I would intervene. Two minutes later they were still having a knock down drag out so I went in and took the blanket and said it was now mine. Maggie sobbed thinking I was going to throw it away, but I assured her I was not. I just was keeping it until the two of them could come to an agreement about the blanket. About 20 minutes later we were into something else and Maggie says, "Mommy, I have decided I want Owen to have the blanket." I told her that was very big of her and I was very proud. She interrupts me and says, "But I want you to know why I am doing it.....it is because I am a christian. And christians are supposed to act out God's word here in earth. So that is what I am doing, I am acting out God's word and beign nice to Owen."
Owen pipes in at this time. "Well Mag, I am a christian too!" Maggie says, "Well now Owen, what have you done latley that is acting out God's word on earth??" Owen says, "Mag, little boys that are christians just pray and stuff. Right mom???" I was trying to not laugh while listening to the two of them so I told Maggie that it was a great thing she did and Jesus, and myself, were very proud. And told Owen that right now he could just pray and "stuff" and work on sharing and being kind to others.
Maggie says, "Mom, we have to tell everyone what I did. How I acted like a christian and did the right thing. everyone will be so proud of me." I told her that when we do good things we aren't supposed to go tell everyone that we did them....we just do them because it is the right thing. She said, okay. But I still just want to tell like Daddy and Mimi. Okay.

I love the things they come up with.


As I said, Joe was at a golf tournament this weekend so Friday I took the kids to Dairy Queen to get ice cream and then to the game farm to let them use up some old bread I had and feed the geese. We got there and a good number of ducks/geese come up to us and the kids begin feeding them. Well, the longer we stood the more there were and before I know it there are, what seemed to me, to be hundrends of us all around us. I have said it a million times...I am not an animal lover....so I was not big on this, especially since they are making this hissing noise, Josie is pinching me and trying to climb on my head she is so scared (she feels the same way I do about animals) and one nips Owen's finger trying to get some bread. So I start tossing pieces of bread in the other direction to get us a path to our car and I heard the kids into the van. Well, maggie was all torn up because we had alot of bread left and she was loving it out there so I compromised and let them feed the ducks out the window of the car.











They were happy with this and I felt much safer. (by the way....this is not even a fraction of the geese that were surrounding us when we were outside, this amount I could have dealt with)









Josie liked watching them out the window and kept pointing at them and would look at me and grin.


















All was well until one of them made an extremely loud goose noise and scared the snot out of her....this is what she looked like then.
















We stayed there a bit watching all the baby ducks and then headed home to get ready for bed. Saturday we went to the pool for a few hours. The water was sooo cold though the kids didn't really get in the pool much so I took them indoors and let them swim some.








Here is Josie with her friend Molly soaking in the sun.











Nick was with Joe at the golf tournament so Neila-Susan and I went out to eat at Chedders together (and with our 5 kids, and her mom) since we both really like that restaurant but the guys don't. It was sooo good and then we went to Build-A-Bear to let Maggie get one with some money she has been saving up. Carson got one as well but Owen didn't have any interest in one. He got a lego race car from Walmart (for about 1/4 of the price) and was very happy with that. I felt bad when Maggie and Carson were making theirs and asked him if he was sad and wanted a build a bear. He said, "no mom. I don't really like them...well I like them but I don't really care about them, ya know???" So I am not sure what that meant but he didn't seem too stressed out about it.

Joe got home about 3 this morning. He drove straight through last night so that I didn't have to take all 3 kids to both services this morning since I am on this month as nursery coordinator which means I have to be at both services. (Wasn't that sweet. :) He got the kids to the 2nd service and after that we came home and everyone napped....expect Maggie who was playing build a bear. We went to the pool again this afternoon and it wasn't nearly as cold so it was much more enjoyable. Maggie went off the diving board for the first time and liked it. I am putting she and Owen in private lessons this summer to let them get the correct swimming technique. Well, I am off to bed. Tommorow is probably just another pool day and Neila-Susan and I are going to a pharmacy rep dinner tommorow evening which is always fun.....well I mean the nice free food and hanging out with NS.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh, i miss them so much!!! little bit is too cute! i like the ponytail look.

Mary said...

OMG, the Christian thing is so so hilarious!