Thursday the public schools here and in Louisville began, so we decided to head to the zoo as I was pretty sure there would be no one there.
I was right...it was a great day to go, aside from it being so hot. As I have mentioned before.....I HATE the zoo. But Maggie was so excited about going and it was sooo worth the 4 hours we spent there to hear her say, "mommy, thanks for this perfect day." as we left.
They have a splash park there which was alot of fun and the kids loved it.
It was a nice break from looking at more animals.
The heat, water park, and animal watching knocked Josie out toward the end of our trip.
So I let the kids get some dippin dots before we left...Poor Josie would have died if she knew what she missed out on!
We had a very fun day and that evening after soccer practice we all headed to Maggie's open house at school. We met her new teacher, Mrs. Moody (who was not in the least bit moody. :) And met some of her classmates to be. There are only 2 other little girls in her class of 16....so lots of boys! I am a bit concerned about this as I told Joe...."girls are mean, what if they leave her out!" He laughed and said, "Meghan, I think girls are mean in middle and high school....not so much in Kindergarten!" I guess he is right. Anyhow, I am DREADING (to put it mildly) next monday. I have dreaded this day for the past 5 and a half years. I know Maggie will love Kindergarten and do great...but I like her home with me. I was thinking last night...I haven't left her with a real babysitter in her almost 6 years of life...and now I am supposed to hand her off for 7 hours a day to some people I know NOTHING about?? I will need lots of prayer come Monday morning....and have a "boohoo breakfast" set up with some friends which will help my day go by I am hoping.
Friday was an all out "jammy day."
(aside from the fact that no pj's were worn!) The kids played together, played on the computer, and just relaxed for most of the day.
Saturday morning we got up to go to thier soccer game.
Big news.........Maggie scored 2 goals!!! She is really enjoying soccer, which thrills Joe. Owen likes being goalie and Joe got him some gloves which he thought were really cool.
Josie and Molly have fun hanging out on the sidelines eating suckers, and drinking everyones water bottles. haha.
That evening we went over to some friends from church's house for a cookout and had a great evening. We finally had to drag the kids home a little after 10, they loved playing with all the kids.
Here is a picture of the girls in their cute dresses my friend Kendra made.
Maggie is shooting up so fast it isn't going to be long enough much longer so I am trying to get a little more wear out of it for her. I have a video of Maggie this morning saying her bible verse but CANNOT get it to upload to my blog. I have tried a million times and it just keeps uploading (for hours). If anyone has any idea how to get it to work I would appreciate it. Well, off to early bed tonight so we can get up and moving in the morning for Mag's first day.
No comments:
Post a Comment