Owen gets fed up with Josie on a daily basis. Most days he says, "mommy, can't we just put her outside?", or, "Mommy, why did God give us THIS baby?" or, "Bella got a good baby!" But today was the best ever. Josie was pestering (trying to play) with Owen. He was getting so mad and finally says, "MOMMY, can't you just get on the computer and go to SELLBABY.COM??????" I about fell over from laughing. I asked him what I would do if I went there. He said, "put Josie on it and get rid of her!" How darn funny is that!
He also has been very sad about getting big latley. And by big I mean much bigger...like a daddy. He always tells me he doesn't want to grow up, or be a daddy. So today at lunch he started with it again. He said, "mommy, I don't want to get bigger." I asked him why and he said, "I don't want to be a daddy, and go to work, and play golf!" I told him that was fine, he didn't have to do those things. I walked out of the room and came back to find him at the kitchen table with his little head bowed just praying his heart out to Jesus....."Jesus, please please please don't make me get big. Please don't make me be a daddy and play golf.....PLEASEEEEE AMEN." He looked up and said, "mommy, will Jesus really do these things if I ask him?" It about broke my heart as I wanted to pray the same things. I just told him, "Buddy, Jesus will do anything we ask HIM if it is what He wants for our lives." Luckily he seemed happy with this answer, which I am guessing means he thinks he will be a little boy forever.
4 comments:
meghan, this is precious! my little boy has had some of the same realizations lately. he totally lost it when we told him he couldn't marry his sister. he thought they would be together forever and he cried and cried. isn't motherhood the best? so many sweet memories yet to be made...
I could have used that sellbaby.com a few times myself in the past 2 years, ha ha!
How cute but a little sad at the same time . . . Precious!
hysterical! i cannot wait to spend a whole week with them!!! only a few more weeks. i'm back to wi-fi world! praise the Lord!
Post a Comment