Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More changes.....


Take a good long look at this smile.....




























because it is forever changed!

Maggie lost her first tooth tonight. It has been hanging on by a thread for a few days so tonight I told her we had to get it out. She was nervous and tried to talk me out of it but once i got it out she was giddy with excitment. It was so cute. She just kept smiling in the mirror and every few seconds she would say, "look mommy, it was right here." and point to where her tooth had been. She says she cannot wait to show her teacher and friends at school. And she just kept telling me how proud she was. It was so cute.






















































Here she is putting her tooth in her tooth fairy pillow.
















Owen says he is going to sneak into her room when the fairy comes to see her. :)

Between kindergarten and losing teeth, I am done with the growing up right now. And the past 3 days Maggie has been blowing Owen off when she gets home from school. He is so excited to see her and she has no interest in playing with him. It is breaking my heart for him and today he asked her to play "blue birdie" with him (which is one of their favorite games to play together) and she told him she was too big for that game now. I quickly reminded her that just last week she loved it and she wasn't any different today than she was last week. I was telling Joe about how our afternoons/evenings are going and he had the perfect words for it...it is like in 3 days there has been a huge age gap come between them that neither one had ever known was there. Ahhhhh, have I mentioned how much I hate all this growing up???

4 comments:

Jeff, Tina, Ian, and Jade Saad said...

Ian lost his first tooth this week also...I hate it too, but it has to happen...Glad to hear Maggie is enjoying school.

Mary said...

The age gap thing is common around here too. For weeks the girls seem on the same level and then Megan takes off and leaves Emma behind again. It is hard!

Amanda said...

i don't think i ever acted like that to you. :)

Meghan said...

oh seriously sis!!! Remember, "I don't know why u can't just be cool like your friends are Meghan!" I still have that in my diary!!! haha