Sunday, October 25, 2009

Maggie's birthday parties!!

So Maggie had a full week of birthday parties! We began on Monday with her friend birthday party, it was a littlest pet shop theme and turned out great. With her at school all day and Owen at preschool for a part of the morning I had all day to get it ready so she'd be surprised when she got home. After getting nearly 50 balloons blown up with helim and the house decorated, the food ready, and the cake set up we were set.


































Since the theme was littlet pet shop I made most of the food have a "pet theme". Our snacks consisted of bone shaped PB and J sandwiches, goldfish, reese cup cereal (that looks like dog food) served in a dog bowl, animal crackers, and mice strawberries with cheese.






























































The kids all got here around 4 and played and colored a bit. I had then gotten some craft animal sets where you make puppets and they all got to choose one of them and make a puppet which they liked, although the puppets were a little more involved to make then they appeared. Luckily I had plenty of moms there to help. :)































































































The kids ate some and then it was off to playing games, which were toss the dog bone in the dog bowl, and pin the tail on the kitten. (This was Joe's contribution to the party, well aside from paying for everything!)































And then it was cake time.













































Maggie loved her cupcakes and i thought they turned out adorable.
































Each kid got to pick one and they got to keep the pet on their cupcake. I didn't inform them of this until after they picked a cupcake out though as I knew that could possibly cause some arguing!

Of course to end the party was gifts which Josie was right in the middle of.






















































She had not napped ALL DAY so she was pretty wild.





So her first party was a hit and she had so much fun and loved all her friends being here.



























































The friday after her birthday was a grandparents luncheon at her school so mom, dad, Debbie, and Larry all came down to go to that with her and she loved that. She got to come home after the luncheon so that gave her more time to spend with them all. Her family birthday party was Saturday and Amanda, JR, Lori, and TJ all came for that which we were so excited they all got to be here too. Thanks guys for making the trip!

This party didn't have games.....but we did have potato soup, chili, and cake....pet shop once again.

























The kids all loved having all their grandparents here. Owen espeically loved playing with TJ and followed him around the entire time, he was pretty much in awe of him and all his transformers!

Here are some pictures from that party....I need to get better at taking more pictures of other than just my kids!!
















































































So as you can see she had a wonderful birthday week, Monday she is off of school so I am going to take her to build a bear to get a new stuffed animal as a surprise. I still cannot believe she is 6 years old, it doesn't seem fair how fast it goes by. Maggie is such a wonderful little girl and I am so proud to be her mom!



Here is Josie in the new coat and hat mom got for her. She looked so cute and I think she knew she did!












































Here are the 3 of them on Maggie's birhtday party...

No comments: