So Owen has been quite funny latley, although he hasn't intended to..
I wanted to remember him saying these so enjoy....
The kids were asking me about dating the other day and Maggie wanted to know how many dates you had to go on before you got married. She was asking about Joe and I's dating life and Owen was just taking it all in. After a few minutes he says, "So Mommy, who are you dating these days?" :)
We were behind a school bus the other day and Maggie was asking why her school didn't have a bus. I told her because she went to a private school and the mommies and daddies just ususally take their kids to school and pick them up, especially since it was smaller. She asked me how you know when you send your kids to school if you are sending them to private or public school. And I told her because when you send them to private school you have to pay for it, public school was free. She was like, No way, how do they do that?? Owen piped in and said, " I guess if you don't pray, you don't pay!" Hahahaha.. this made me laugh.
The kids have been in private swimming lessons the past few weeks and are doing great. Owen was nervous one night as he knew it was the day he was going to jump off the board and swim to the side by himself and was crying to get in the pool. I sat him on the steps and told him he was not to get up and to stay right there. And then I went and sat down. His teacher came over to him and said, "come on Owen, your turn." To which Owen replied, "OH, I can't. My mom told me not to get up or go anywhere!" :) AFter the teacher and I both cracked up I told him he knew what I meant and yes he could get up now. And he did jump off the board and swim to the side twice. :)
Maggie and Owen were asking me about the new baby and what she'd look like. Maggie was asking if she would have hair and if she, Josie and owen all had hair when they were born. I told them yes, of course. Owen then says, "well, were any of us black when we were born?" hahhahhaha. Maggie and I cracked up and I told him if they had been black when they were born, they would still be black.
He asked me a few days later how we would know if our baby spoke spanish or not when she was born.
I love that little boy!
1 comment:
he is so funny. wish i could have been there for the graduation. i will try and plan a trip soon. i love and miss you all!
Post a Comment