I got the kiddos all decked out in their 4th of July outfits....of course!! (cause what is the fun of a holiday if you can't dress your kids for the occasion. :)
Thankfully I have kids that also enjoy dressing alike/for occasions....here they are looking so cute!
We headed out for an early dinner in Frankfort. Joe and I were about to embark on a "daniel fast" the next day so we wanted something really good. But due to not alot of choices/being voted out by the kids...we ended up at Big Boys. :) After dinner we took the kids to Baskin Robbins for ice cream.
Maggie enjoying hers.....
you can really see her bruise/goose egg on her head from where she got knocked upside the head with a tennis raquet at tennis camp last week. (probably a good thing I never figured out who did it!)
Emmie Jayne got in on some ice cream as well
and LOVED IT.
She said "mmmmmmm...."
Josie with, of course..pink ice cream. What other kind would a princess eat!
We than headed back to Shelbyville to find a spot to watch the fireworks. They set them off from the park but you have to pay to get in there, so Joe decided we would find our own spot around town. We drove down a dead end street and parked, and hoped it would be a good viewing spot. Joe had gotten some sparklers and other small fireworks so they began setting those off while we waited.
They had a blast playing with the sparklers
This made me nervous....
And this made me REALLY nervous! haha
But Daddy is much more fun than mommy when it comes to "dangerous fun" so Joe managed the fireworks while Emmie Jayne and I sat back and hoped nobody got a finger burnt off!!
My 4th of July babies! I love this picture of them. Each one is so special and I just love all their ages right now.
When it began to get dark the kids got all settled....on top of the van....to watch the fireworks show. Joe picked a great spot and the kids could see them perfectly. Emmie Jayne got sleepy while waiting but once they started she wanted out of the stroller for a better view!
We had a super fun night together and the kids had a blast just playing on a dead end street.......it doesn't take much and I love all the memories days like this leave me with!
Enjoy a few more pictures from our day!
No comments:
Post a Comment