I can't believe Owen is turning 6 years old today. Every year seems to go by faster and faster. Owen is such a great little boy. He is so handsome, so very smart, has a wonderful heart and strives to do the right thing all the time. Joe and I say that if everyone had the integrity that Owen has this world would be such a great place. Owen's view is that things are either wrong or right....and you should ALWAYS choose what is right. And I must say he lives this out most of the time.
I am very strict on what my kids watch on TV and movies (if you want my opinons on this topic feel free to ask. :) Well Owen is aware that before any movie comes out...even G, he cannot assume he is going to get to see it until I look into it and see what the content of the movie is. He also knows that the majority of the time I say No to the movies and TV shows I look into. I have found that many of the kids shows/movies today take the Lord's name in vain...and it isn't looked upon as a big deal. Well my kids know that this is a huge deal, and not just something we don't say...but something we don't want to put into our minds/ears/and hearts. So when I see that this is in a movie or show...Owen is quite appalled at those who would want to see it. I have tried to make him understand that everyone makes their own choices on this, but he says, "Mom, why would anyone want to watch something that says that if they know how sad it makes God?" And this has been an area where our little boy has taught us.....Joe and I think this logic makes perfect sense and regardless of our age...why would we want to watch ANYTHING that says that. I challange you to also see this through a 6 years olds eyes....because it is very simple and straight forward....and also very true.
Back to Owen's party....
He was lucky that his birthday fell on a Saturday this year..which made it an easy day to pick for his party! Owen has an AWFUL time making a decision....try taking him to a store and letting him pick out candy, toy, etc. Plan to be gone several hours. haha Well I always let my kids pick the theme and from there I plan a cake and party. Well I like to have the theme well in advance so I can have the cake all planned out. Well, the week before his party he still had not decided so we just headed out to the party store (i usually buy online with more selection) and told him we were down to the deadline and he had to pick. So he finally chose to go with a pirate theme. I thought that would be easy enough, so we got the stuff and headed home. Well on the way home he informs me that HE has already planned out his cake. (I typically take great enjoyment in planning out and making the birthday cakes) So I asked him what he wanted. He tells me he wants an ocean with an island on it. And he wants lego pirates on it with a pirate ship. This was soooo not the idea I had in my head already....but I always want to make my kids cakes just what THEY are imaging in their heads for it to look like. So I told him I would try my best. Well, the night before the party I sat down and had no clue what I was going to do...but a few hours later I came up with this....
He was thrilled with it and I made some piraty cupcakes to throw in a bit of the idea I wanted! So Saturday we had all his friends and some famiy over to celebrate his birthday.
We had Snappy Tomato pizza to eat, it is his new favorite pizza place in town. And after that it was game time. We had a game of pin the patch on the pirate...
Aunt Amanda was in charge of this game...but I am not sure how great our blind fold worked as we had ALOT of really close ones!
After that we went outside to bust the pinata. At Emmie's party the pinata didn't make it through everyone before getting busted.....I think the boys were hard on it..so I told them this time to not his their hardest until their second hit.
It made it through the line once before getting burst. Here are some of the kids after collecting their loot!
Next it was cake and ice cream time.....
Owen blowing out his candles...
Ian enjoying his black chocolate icing!
Maggie and Julia enjoying their cake
Then we moved on to gifts...
Owen had told me 3 things he wanted for sure for his birhtday. Two were toys and the 3rd was a bag of Air Head candy! I told my sis this and she got him 2 bags and decorated his boxes (filled with money) with the airheads.
Cute idea! I think he ate both bags within a week!
He got lots of fun gifts....of course lots more Legos.
It was a very fun day for him, and we were so happy to celebrate Owen and how thankful we are that God chose us to be his Mommy and Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment