Saturday, October 22, 2011

I scream, you scream.....












So I love my kids birthdays...I mean I think I get more excited about them than my kids do. I mean, it is the day they were born which is like the biggest day in their life....and one of the 4 biggest days of my life....so I love to celebrate their day! We always start the planning a month ahead to figure out what they want for their theme and their cake. I have made everyone of their birthday cakes and it is something I enjoy doing. I love to have them tell me what they want their cake to be and try to create exactly what they are imagining in their little heads.

Well this year Maggie wanted an ice cream birthday party. She wanted to make ice cream sundaes and have ice cream birthday cakes. My sister had gotten me a cake pan a few years ago in the shape of ice cream cones so this was the perfect occasion to use it! They turned out so cute and looked just like ice cream cones.






































I used a different cake recipe this year and a different icing recipe....I used the one from Williams sonoma.....and I must say I will be going back to my own one that i have always used.




I had also seen these cake pops that looked like tiny ice cream cones so I decided to make those too. They were adorable and the kids loved them....as did a few of the adults too!



































We started out making the ice cream sundaes with tons and tons of toppings. The kids all loved making them and eating them!


























By the time they had cake pops and started on a ice cream cone cupcake they were full of sugar and totally stuffed.
































We sang happy birthday to Maggie and she blew out all 8 of her candles with one big breath!




































We didn't do any games or a pinata this party, but the kids seemed to enjoy playing and didn't come back downstairs until it was time to open gifts.



























Maggie got lots of books this year as she is very into reading right now. Puppy Place to be exact.



















During the party Josie somehow fell into the door frame. She busted her forehead on it and got the biggest gooseegg I have ever seen.....and it came up within a second of her hiting.























This picture does not do it justice....I mean seriously! Ask anyone who was at the party and it stuck out further than an egg would. We watched her awhile and she just hung out with ice on her head and seemed fine other than the big bruise and bump.


















Somehow we have managed to never go to the ER with an accident thus far!





























We made little ice cream themed party favors for everyone who came.....




























Maggie had a great birthday and pretty much partied all weekend!!

No comments: