Friday, October 21, 2011

Maggie's 8!!!

I cannot believe that my oldest baby is 8 years old today! It doesn't seem possible that 8 years ago today I was seeing her for the first time. My what a fun, fast 8 years it has been. I can so well remember her first year. She was such a blessing to me as we had just moved 10 hours away from home (family) and knew no one. Life was so laid back and I was able to just savor every second of her those days. I can remember waking up in the morning and putting her in bed with me around 8....nursing her back to sleep and we would wake up around 10:30 or so. Then we would head to the mall, I would get her picture taken, and shop some. Wow.....life has definetly gotten much busier since than.....but I will remember those carefree days with my first baby forever!


We are having her birthday party tommorow and yesterday and today school was out for Fall break. Yesterday we went to the salon and got her a feather in her hair. She had wanted one of them so that was her first birthday gift. Little did I know that one feather cost 28 dollars! Should have called ahead about that one I guess! she loved it though. I told her we could have a friend party if she wanted Friday but she opted for going to build a bear with her best buddy Zoe and out to lunch. So that is what we did. Joe was home so he kept the other 3 at home and Maggie, Zoe and I headed to Build a Bear to make a stuffed friend.























It took them awhile to pick out which one that they wanted.





Than off to stuff them, wash them, and pick out an outfit for them!


































Zoe chose a polar bear and Maggie a tan dog.




























After that we headed to Zoe's cafe for lunch. Maggie loves this place because on the menu they have.....PB&j sandwiches. Which is Maggie's favorite (staple) to eat.










































The girls had so much fun and felt so big. They got big cups and thought they were so cool that I let them go to the drink machine and fill them up by themselves.


Maggie is a total joy to Joe and I. She is so positive and happy......always so enjoyable to be around. I always take the kids pictures at their birthdays and she wanted me to flat iron her hair out this year. I do it occasionally and she loves it. She has the best hair ever....it is the perfect amount of curliness and also very easy to straighten. Yeah, I am a bit envious of her hair. Espeically after I have spent an hour straightening mine and it takes 15 minutes to do hers.....and her hair is about 3 times as long as mine!!!


Here are some pictures from her photo shoot. I know she's mine but she is totally gorgeous. Just as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside too. She look so old to me in these with her hair striaght....































































































she is such a little model and loves to be in front of a camera...



















































I stopped midway to braid her hair to make her look more like an 8 year old! Plus, this is a typical Maggie hair-do. She loves braids.


































More partying to come tommorow....

Happy 8th birthday Maggie Mae!! I love you to the moon and back!

No comments: