Today was moving day, the trucks arrived before 8 and began loading "our lives" up into a big semi to be shipped off to Germany.


We began staying in the hotel last night so Joe came out this morning while the kids and I slept in. At least that was the plan.....Maggie slept until 9 but Owen decided he wanted to get up at 6 which meant that I too was up at 6. The kids and I came out to the house around noon, just in time to see them pack up the last of our stuff and stick it on the truck. I am not the real emotional type, but I must say that yes, I was very sad. As I walk through my empty house I see every place that my babies did their "firsts" and know that Maggie nor Owen will not remember this house at all. So after my "walk down memory lane" we packed up some more of our clothes and headed back to the hotel. Maggie thinks that the hotel is Germany and everytime we pull up she says, "Germany, right mom?" I have just begun to agree with her that yes, this is germany. Yesterday as they packed up the rest of our stuff she took a nap in her room for the last time on her blanket in the floor. I couldn't believe she actually fell asleep in there.

Owen also took his nap in his carseat in my closet. :) It was the only dark, quiet place I could find. He slept great for over an hour. Today is my birthday and Joe had a great idea for my birthday...He got me tickets to the Toby keith concert that was in town yesterday. It was to be a surprise....but he ended up telling me so that I would be ready. Well, yesterday was qutie an exhausting day needless to say and I just really was not up to going. He was going to let me and Mary go and he'd stay at the hotel with the kids but I just opted out. I would have love to have gone under different circumstances....but I just really wanted to get to bed. So he ended up giving away 4th row tickets to Toby Keith to some couple walking down the street in Peoria. Hope they enjoyed the show. Thank you honey too......that was very sweet of you to do that even though it didn't work out. Tonight we just picked up pizza and headed out to our house to finish getting all of our clothes packed up. Mary and Mark were kind enough to offer their table, plates, and cups and let us come eat at their house so we didn't have to eat on our floor. They also had gotten me a DQ reece cup blizzard cake for my birthday and it was DELICIOUS!! We hung out with them for an hour or so before getting our stuff and going back to the hotel. Tommorow the kids are getting haircuts and then we will head out to the house to do some laundry and probably go visit mary and the girls a bit.
1 comment:
Although I live with the author of this Blog, I enjoy it with the rest of you. For some of you this is your only way of experiencing daily life with Maggie & Owen, for others its just another way to see Meghan's perception on the kids. Its bad when your so busy and life is so crazy (living among boxes) that the only way you can communicate to your wife is through this Blog.
Happy Birthday sweetheart, thank you for being a part of my life, even during the crazy times, I love you.
Post a Comment