Thursday, February 09, 2006

Our New House


We officially have a house in Germany now. It was basically the only house that they could find for Joe to look at, all the rest were flats and we didn't want to live in one of those so it was between this one and another one which was no where as nice. The great news is everyone can come visit us anytime because we have tons of room. It has 7 bedrooms and nearly 4500 square feet.
Joe says it is really nice and from all the pictures he sent I agree with him. I am glad I don't have to worry about whether or not we will have room to take all of our stuff from here since I can just make one room a storage room. The kids and I have just been visiting some of my friends around here, although Maggie has opted out of a couple visits and decided to stay home with MiMi and Grandad. Yesterday we went to my friend Kari's house who has a little boy around maggie's age and she is due anyday with her 2nd baby, a girl! He and maggie played for a couple hours pretty well, as well as 2 year olds play together that is! haha. Anyhow, it was great to see her and get to catch up some. Today we are off to visit somemore and get everything ready to head back to Illinois this weekend to see Joe. He went to an american futbol game (soccer) yesterday in europe somewhere and loved it. He called me at halftime and I couldnt' hear much of what he was saying because everyone was yelling and chanting whe entire time, but I gathered he was having fun. We are all so excited to see him. We will have tons to do when we get home before they come to move us out so I am hoping the kids adjust well to being home and behave!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You're going to feel like you're on a reality show with such a giant awesome house!

Anonymous said...

Meghan!!! The house is incredible. I'd lose Annie for days in a house that big. I hate that you have to go but you're really going to have alot to experience and remember from this. And the time is going to fly by. Two years ago seems like yesterday for me! Wendy

Anonymous said...

Meghan!! Your house is beautiful!! I am so happy for you all. I think living in another country will be a wonderful experience! John's family seemed to love it.