Joe took Rob to the airport this morning to fly home, so it is just the 4 of us again. It was really nice having Rob here, I had only met him a few times and didn't really know him very well so it was great getting to hang out with him. I can see why Joe likes him so much, he was a super nice guy.
Maggie loved Rob (she usually called him "bob") and spent most of saturday holding his hand wherever he went. Saturday night we had over some friends of ours from Kiel for dinner.

Rob has a friend that is also a friend of theirs so it was nice for them to get to meet. We cooked out hamburgers and sausages. Since they are German we made the theme German cookout meets American cookout. It was alot of fun, and Maggie LOVED the attention. She had fun dancing for everyone and that night as I put her to bed she said, "mom, i had so much fun with all my friends."
Maggie and I made chocolate chip cookie dough today and I ran upstairs for a minute and left her to roll them up and put them on the sheet. Well, when I came back she hadn't gotten too far making cookies, but it looked like she had eaten quite a bit of cookie dough!

She and Owen played a good bit in their toy room today. They were both cooking in their kitchen and I thought they looked so cute.
Maggie didn't stick around too long to cook with him, but Owen played awhile there and seemed to enjoy himself.

We did another "photo shoot" of Owen today and got some really cute shots so I am excited to get them made into his birthday cards for you all to see. Maggie has been slightly jealous of owen latley it seems. I am not sure why, but she often acts like she is a baby too, wanting a bottle, wanting held, etc. The other day I got her up from nap and for the next hour she was "owen". Anyhow, with all the picture taking of Owen today she wanted some of her too... we tried to get a cute one of them together standing but it didn't turn out so well since Owen seemed to be as scared about falling on the marble floor as I was of him falling.

About 3 seconds after this shot he went face first and Joe caught him just in time thank goodness.
After I dressed Maggie for church today she went looking for her daddy, like always. She always wants him to see her after she gets ready and wants to hear him say how cute she looks. (Okay rhea, judy.....why is this?) Anyhow, today she walked up to him and he said, " oh maggie...you look like a doll." She got the saddest look on her face and turned to me and said, "mommy, daddy said i looked like a dog." It was so cute...Joe of course explained to her what he said and when she still looked confused he said his usual, "maggie, you look so cute." With that she smiled and ran off to play.
Here are 2 cute pictures of my gorgeous babies.....


....let's hope they are as sweet on the plane tuesday as they look in these pictures!
2 comments:
Meghan, I will really be praying for your trip home on Tuesday. I can't wait to see my beautiful Maggie & Owen!! Those pictures are so cute:)
Meghan, I hope your flight goes as smoothly as possible. Thanks again for everything. I can't wait to get all my pictures printed. Talk to you soon (when we're in the same time zone!!!)
Post a Comment