Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Busy Week

We have been busy this week, but it's nice having things to do so I won't complain about it. Yesterday was Maggie's first full day of preschool and she loved it. The mornings I have MOPS and preschool are going to be VERY hectic but just being once a month I can manage it. It worked out pretty good as I got the kids up early (730) which neither was thrilled about, and headed to the church and got everything set up that I could. I then left in enough time to get in the drop off line at preschool. I asked Maggie several times if she wanted me to walk her in and she always said, "no mommy, they said we could go in by ourselves." So that is just what she did. When it came our car's turn she jumped out and ran up the sidewalk without even looking back. :( I must say I was glad I had the 10 minute drive to get myself back together before going in to MOPS.

MOPS went great, we had about 30 moms which was a nice turnout and all the food was a hit! Owen wasn't so crazy about it though. He is in the same room at MOPS as the nursery he was in at church that he never liked. There is somehting about that room that he does not like and he cried alot of the 2 hours. He will eventualy get used to it I suppose....or not. There was an older man in there helping out and Owen seemed to like him so he stuck with him most of the time. After it was over, the leaders were cleaning up and Owen was running around the hall with Abby and Tucker who are almost 3. I kept peeking out to make sure he was staying in the hall since I know Owen can be a wonderer. I didn't hear him (which is unusual) and looked out and course he was gone. Our church is pretty big and all the hall doors were opened since MOPS and preschool were in session. So I began looking for him in all the rooms. I then hit the sancutary and after 5 minutes began to get a little worried so I got some others to help me. Well, after 10 minutes here comes a guy that works at the church with Owen. He had found him over in the gym playing with a basketball not paying the least big of attention that he hadn't seen his mom for over 10 minutes. So that is why I can leave him in the nursery for 2 hours crying for me.....it isn't being with me so much that he cares about, it's more his freedom he is wanting!

We left there and went to pick up Maggie from school. Owen asked the whole way there where Maggie was and said he wanted to get her. We went to pick her up and she was all smiles and couldn't make it to the car to get her papers out of her book bag to give to me. Thursday is RED day which she is really happy about since they get to wear something red. We had dance last night and she had fun. I watched some and she is seeming to sort of get it a little more now. She actualy looks like she knows what she's doing, at least somewhat. This morning I was wishing we could stay here adn just rest, and so did the kids. But we had to head to Louisville to get our door handle fixed. It turned out to be just about an hour to get it done so it wasn't too bad but now we are home and I just got everyone down for naps so I think I am going to join them. Maggie starts soccer tommorow night, Joe is supposed to help coach so that should be fun for both of them. Friday is our big day for the ultrasound. I am prety excited to find out what the baby is so we can start buying stuff and getting ready for it. I am still a little unsure of what room I am going to put it in. We have the 3 bedrooms upstairs but one we have as the kids playroom adn I just hate having them lose that room to play in, so we still have to figure out what to do there. Well, that is the latest on what is going on here. Just keeping busy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg...call us when you find out!!! (we'll be going to the camp tomorrow after school!)...can't wait to see if Maggie's getting another brother or a new sister!
Love ya!
Lori