Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lazy craft day

The kids and I are all trying used to being a little more busy than we are used to. Monday was library story hour and it went much better than the week before. Owen had a few "moments" but we didn't have to leave at all. The kids made an elephant craft and loved that and the stories kept his interest really well. Tuesday was preschool and Maggie was so excited to go. It was Teddy Bear day, so they got to bring their favorite bear (or stuffed animal) with them. She of course took her build a bear poodle and baby. She told me she made a friend, named Kate, that she liked playing with. Tuesday evening was dance class and since Joe was out of town for the night we went over to Nick and Neila's for dinner and our plan was to spend the night since I wasn't thrilled about staying home alone. We had fun and the kids played, Owen and Carson are really cute together now. They seem to get each other now and like playing. I put Owen to bed at 8 in the pack and play and he laid right down so I thought that went well. About 5 minutes later I hear a little voice saying, "Nick,,,,hey Nick". I opened his door and there he was standing whispering for Nick. So it appears he can climb out of the pack and play. After 2 more times of this we headed home and both were asleep in minutes. I didn't sleep so great so I was glad Joe came home last night which was a day earlier than he expected. Yesterday I decided to let the kids have a lazy day at home and we stayed in our PJ's most of the day. I thougth they would play great and I could get a bunch done around the house but........they opted to follow me the whole day and "help". I finally gave in and just got out a craft with glue sticks and crayons for us to do. The made Lions and both LOVE glue sticks so they had fun.










We didn't do much else other than play and I got their summer/fall clothes switched out, of course with it being 90 all week I don't know when they will need thier fall clothes. Last night I was going over Maggie's Bible verse with her for her soccer game tonight. They have a memory verse every week to learn and this week is is Cor. 3:15, Let Christ rule in your hearts. She was getting it good except for the Christ part. She couldn't say it so well so I realized she probably didn't know what Christ meant so I explained to her it was another name for God and Jesus. She had a very perplexed look on her face and said, ohhh, okay. She then said her verse again and said, "Let Christ...whoever that is...rule in your hearts." I thought it was so funny but guess it is hard for a 3 year old to understand God, Jesus, Christ, Lord....etc. But she knows her verse so I hope she remembers it tonight.

Joe went to Peoria this week and got the kids CAT shirts that are really cute. He got Maggie and the baby matching pink ones and Owen one that says "Demolition Expert" which is very Owen!

Maggie is at preschool right now so Owen and I went to Sherwin Williams to pick out paint as we are having the kitchen and great room painted in a few weeks. I am working tommorow and Neila is going to keep the kids for me, she is going to just spend the night since I have to be there about 7 30 and I know the kids won't be up yet. Well...tonight is the first soccer game so I am going to be sure to take my camera to get Maggie......and Joe......in action!

3 comments:

valurena said...

i'm just observing your pictures ... on your dining room table is that a mcd's cup w/ a plant in it?

Meghan said...

Hahaha....in fact it's a McD's cup with weeds in it!! Maggie picked them and wanted to put them on the table since we didn't have any flowers in the vase. She is my decorater!

Amanda said...

i am laughing so hard about the Christ comment! they look cute. impressive that you did a craft!