If y0u kn0w my 0wen than y0u are aware that he is 100% snips and snails and puppy d0g tails. I j0ke that he c0uld have used a little sugar and spice. It seems that he is 0ften the reas0n f0r my exausti0n, frustrati0n and if y0u are 0n the ph0ne with me the reas0n i have t0 get 0ff t0 discpline. He has put several scars 0n Maggie's face in just the past few m0nths which I am h0ping will g0 away with time 0r mederma. He has a scream which will make the hair 0n y0ur neck stand. This scream 0ccurs f0r vari0us reas0ns.....he has hurt himself, is scared, mad, 0r is n0t getting what he wants at the m0ment. He is l0ud and l0ves t0 make n0ise, which he deems music. And he is the m0st persisitent child I believe 0n the face 0f the earth. He never tires 0f asking the same questi0n 0ver and 0ver and 0ver until he hears the resp0nse he wants.
But all 0f these qualities are what make 0wen, well....0wen. And these qualities are just a part 0f what makes me l0ve this little guy t0 n0 end. As trying as s0me days are, He DELIGHTS me. I ad0re him and am s0 glad that I was blessed t0 get t0 be his m0mmy.
He is at such a cute age right n0w and says things that are s0 cute. His L's s0und like Y's and I l0ve hearing him say, "m0mmy, I yub y0u." If y0u tell him he is d0ing s0mething he d0esn't like he says, "n0 I ant" Which I am guessing is N0 I am n0t. He l0ves t0 play like he is a baby get wrapped up in his blanket ("bb") And he l0ves music. I t0ld Amanda the 0ther day a great descripti0n 0f 0wen w0uld be "a spring in his step and a s0ng 0n his lips." He is ALWAYS singing a s0ng 0r making up a tune. And if y0u tell him t0 st0p screaming he says, "I ant screaming, I'm singing" He is such a cuddler and w0uld let me carry him all day if i w0uld.
This past week he br0ught 0ut an0ther stage 0f his "b0yh00d." J0e had him 0utside and he says, "l00k daddy what I caught. J0e l00ks 0ver and here is 0wen with a fr0g in his hands. He is squeezing it s0 hard it's eyes are ab0ut t0 p0p 0ut.
He carried it ar0und all day. J0e made him a c0ntainer t0 keep it in and 0wen spent the aftern00n putting him in and taking him 0ut. At 0ne p0int we saw him in the yard, he caught a grass h0pper and dr0pped it in the c0ntainer f0r him t0 eat!
Gr0wing up with with n0 br0thers, this is all f0reign t0 me. I d0n't like bugs, fr0gs 0r snakes, mud and dirt, 0r r0cks. But all 0f these things are my little guys fav0rites s0 f0r his sake I am learning t0 maybe n0t like them....but t0lerate them with a smile. And like I have said bef0re.....Since he's a b0y, I am glad he's all b0y.
1 comment:
Owen looks so much like Joe in these pictures-just adorable!
Kirsten
Post a Comment