Monday, August 11, 2008

Wizard of 0z and Birthday Fun!

We had a fun filled long weekend last week. Thursday the kids and I traded places with Joe and headed out of town for once. We met up with amanda and mom at Jenny Wiley Theater to see The Wizard of 0z. Amanda told Maggie that the litte girls wear their Dorthy costumes to the show so Maggie insisted on that for her attire for the night. Thanks sis! :)

















The kids L0VED the show, 0wen as much as Maggie almost. 0f course he is not a night 0wl so he passed out after intermission.
























He loved the program for some reason and held it all evening.























Maggie was glued t0 the show the entire time.
















Afterwards both kids wanted to see all the characters. As I have said before 0wen L0VES characters so he was adorable talking to them all, he told Dorthy he loved her dress and wanted his picture with her.













The kids had fun seeing Mimi and Amanda and had a blast playing in the hotel with Amanda who made up fun games that involved jumping from bed to bed. It was a quick trip but we all enjoyed being together.



















We came back home Friday and got rested up for 2 birthday parties on Saturday. Kylie was having hers in Lousivlle and Carlyn's was in Lexington. Joe and I split up and I took the girls to Kylie's supermodel party while Joe and 0wen headed to Lexington to celebrate with C0wgirl Carlyn.

Maggie had alot of fun dressing up and getting her hair and make up done.















After the girls had all been made up they put on a fashion show which was really cute.











Here is Maggie and the birthday girl, Kylie











Maggie was hysterical strutting her stuff....













her outfit was an interesting pick as well. Joe and I said she had a slight resemblence to the statue of liberty. :)









She insisted on wearing that crown.
Maggie seemed to really enjoy being with me by herself. She talked the ENTIRE drive to Louisville and afterwards all the way to Lexington. I think we covered every subject possible during our drives. She is quite the talker.

We headed to Lexington afterwards to meet up with the boys at Carlyn's party. We were late and missed the pony rides which I hated for Maggie since she would have eaten that up! Carlyn's party was adorable, Kirsten had so many cute things for the kids. Carlyn made a really cute cowgirl and is a great hostess like her mom...she didn't seem to mind that my kids played with every single toy she owns!




I enjoyed visiting with Judy, Josh, Tab, Jeremy, Kirsten and James and ended up staying pretty late. We got some pictures of all our kids...not such an easy task getting a picture of 6 kids under the age of 4, this was the best shot I got.
















It is neat that these are some of my first friends and now our kids are friends.

Maggie loved Emma, which is easy to see why. I think she is the most pleasant baby ever. She seems to have a permanant smile on her face.














Maggie and 0wen have enjoyed playing cowboys and cowgirls with their party favors this past week.



This is actually a game they play where thus far they get along and don't fight!! So thank you Kirsten!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Maggie and Emma, it looks like Maggie is holding a little version of Josh!
:) Kirsten