Wednesday, August 20, 2008

KINGS ISLAND!




Joe and I headed to Cincinnati after church last Sunday to have a mini vacation to Kings Island. We hung out in Cincinnati Sunday evening and had a WONDERFUL dinner at Carrabas. We went shopping a little and just hung out before heading to our hotel and going to bed. We headed to Kings Island Monday morning and got there right when it opened. The kids were so excited and I don't think either of them had much of an idea of what to expect.


















The last theme park they were at was Paris Disney 2 years ago and I don't think they remember much from then. Right when we got in they were greeted by some characters which started Owen's day out great. Then we headed to the Nick JR. area. They both wanted to ride the Little Bill roller coaster so Joe took them on that.




















They LOVED it and wanted to do it again so I rode with them. Maggie had to ride by herself since Owen wasn't quite tall enough to do many rides alone.

















But she didn't mind. She loved throwing her hands up going down the hills. Which is how she says her daddy does it.....imagine that. :)

We spent almost the entire day in the Nick Jr. area. They both rode everything they were tall enough to ride. Owen was wanting to go on the Vortex when he saw that! Owen's favorite ride was a ride he called the "superman". You got on it and laid on your stomach and it flew up in the air in circles.














He and Joe rode it and he wanted to ride it again so I went to take him. When we got to the front of the line they said he wasn't tall enough. I told them he had just ridden it but they said the person shouldn't have let him on so that was the only ride he got to have on that. He also loved the bumper cars....of course.
















Everytime he would crash someone he would crack up laughing. Maggie's favorite was the Fairly Odd Coaster, which used to be the Beastie I believe. We took a break and ate lunch while watching the Dora show they have there.

























The kids loved seeing all the characters. Everytime we saw one they wanted their picture with them and they loved the meet and greet time they have. They would stand by the character and smile and Maggie would walk away but each time Owen just stood there and kept smiling. It was the funniest thing.





















Everytime we saw Sponge Bob walking around Owen would say, "My mom doesn't like you, she doesn't think your nice.....right mommy? We don't watch you!" And I bet we saw him 50 times. I am sure the guy in the costume was really tired of hearing it.

Josie was absolutley perfect the entire day. Several times Joe and I checked the stroller just to make sure she was still there.












I know I say it alot but she is the easiest, happiest baby ever. She rode in either the stroller or sling all day and did not cry once. She makes it very easy to want baby #4. Not yet though...we'll at least wait until she's one. :)

We left the park at about 9ish and headed back home. When we were about an hour from Shelbyville Joe saw an exit that he said he was pretty sure took us back to shelbyville by another route. We had no GPS or map in the car so we were going on his "pretty sure" assumption. Well, we drove and drove and drove through no man's land for about 45 minutes. When we came to a rode that just dead ended and signs that said, "DANGER,,,,HIGH VOLTAGE!! we decided to turn back. So we had about an hour and a half detour but the kids were all asleep so it was nice for us to have quiet time to talk.

It was alot of fun and nice to have a little get away. Joe and I enjoyed watching Maggie and Owen having so much fun. Joe rode one big ride the entire day and we both agreed it was much more fun watching the kids now.















Joe is headed to Mexico next week so the kids and I are going into West Virginia to visit for the week before preschool starts up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Kings Island pics! It looks like you all had a blast!
Seriously, we have been there 7 times this summer and never met Diego, Little Bill, or Scooby! We just met Dora for the first time last week. You all really lucked out to meet such famous characters. Carlyn wants to go with you all the next time and leave us at home.
:) Kirsten