Monday, August 11, 2008

Learning to eat

I decided to try Josie out with eating food last week since she's over 6 months now. Maggie and 0wen's first food was a banana so I figured we would go with that as well with her. As you can see from the pictures....she wasn't really into eating much.




















She was pretty clueless as to what to do so I have been giving her a few days before attempting again. I made her some mango this weekend and she seemed to really like that and did much better getting her mouth opened for the bite. Today I made her some Super Baby Porridge and she was not much of a fan....but she will be as this is the base meal she is going to eat for the next year. I asked 0wen if he wanted to try some and he said sure. He took a few bites and said he didn't really like it. He asked what it was and I told him super baby porridge and he laughed and said, "mommy, I can't eat that...it's for bears." I am not pushing the eating since she' not crazy about it....and from her belly I don't think she's starving off my milk. :)

I have been putting her hair in pigtails some and think it looks so cute. It makes her look so much older though.





She has been quite a bit fussier the past week or so than usual. We have been running alot which ussualy doesn't phase her, but she has not been her usual happy self...I am thinking it's the 2 teeth that are trying their best to pop through.



Maggie and 0wen got their calls from their preschool teachers last week. 0wen will have Mrs. Boyd, who Maggie had last year. I think I am friends with every kid in his class's mom since we all requested her. I am hoping he likes it as much as Maggie did. My only reservation with him is the underwear issue. He is totally potty trained...and even more house trained as his favorite place to pee is in the yard. But at home when he gets to playing he often forgets to take the time to go. Anyhow, I am sure that for the 3 hours he will be there he will do fine...at least I hope.

Maggie is having Mrs. Ashby, and is in class with her friend Isaac so she's excited about that. We will all have some adjusting to do with having to have someone at preschool every morning. I am sure there will be some days we all just decide to skip and stay in our jammies though.

Joe is in a golf tournament for work today so he won't be home until late so the kids and I are just bumming around this afternoon. I am headed upstairs to "help" them clean their rooms yet again!!

No comments: