So...my sis has been "getting real" on her blog so I decided that it was time for me as well. My blog is pretty much all about my kids, where we went that day, and the funny things they say. This is what I want it to be so that somday they can look back and see their lives as children in story book form.
Well, this posting isn't going to be about them at all...it's about ME. The past few months I have really been feeling God pushing me to be, not really a better person, but a better Christian. (Because becoming the 2nd would result in the first) I have been trying to do this, baby steps at a time and find areas I need to work on or do better at. Latley I have been thinking alot about how the world is and what my children are going to have to face as they grow and I must be honest, it really scares me. I was talking to my sister the other night and we were talking about what God is doing in us latley and she really inspired me to step it up a bit. Joe was out of town that night and I was not able to sleep much. I had a very real experience with Jesus that night as I felt he encouraged me to look at my life and to see areas where I may be letting myself and my family be vulnerable to Satan and his evil. Well, it didnt take much before it hit me head on......
I am not a TV person....I rarley have it on, only let my kids watch PBS, Noggin, or Sprout, and those I monitor majorly. But there are 2 nights a week you can find me in front of the TV. I am a major fan of two very popular shows....Private Practice and Greys Anataomy.
As I lay in bed and began to think about what these shows glorify......the answer was SIN. I began to question why I would want to watch this, and even more why I would want to let it into my home. I could tell myself it was just a show and I enjoyed the entertainment and different storylines....but what is entertaining about watching people have affairs and use God's name in vain? Nothing...and these are things I would never stand for in "real life". So why did I okay in in "tv Life?" Despite the fact that my children are asleep in their bed, it is opening a window for satan to allow him to sneak into my home 2 times a week disguised as beauty, humor, and "entertainment." Well, not anymore. I am here to say that I no longer will be a watcher of Grey's nor Private Practice and am asking each of you to hold me accountable to that.
I am trying my best to raise the 3 blessing God trusted Joe and I with so that they will recognize Satan when they see him and flee, so I must begin this with myself.
Please know that this was a choice I made for myself....not for everyone else who reads this so I am not talking down to you nor do you have to feel I will think bad of you if you watch these shows! But on the flip side I do challange you to do your own "life check" and see if maybe there is an area you could shut a window on satan as well!
2 comments:
I am so proud to have you as a sister. You inspire me too.
Wow!! That is great!! You are so right...one thing I have learned from my own life is how TV glorifies SIN...I really had become
numb to it until hit with my own life crisis...it made me have a huge wake up call and I don't miss TV at all. I have slipped up in my music area a small amount...but this was enough to get me back on track...THANKS..and good for you and your family!!
Post a Comment