Monday, October 13, 2008

Preschool, Parties, and Fall

We have been busy around here since preschool began. Maggie goes 3 days a week and Owen goes 2 days. They are gone for 3 hours, which seems like a good bit of time, until I get home and into something like cleaning. The kids are both playing soccer on a team that Joe coaches so they think that is fun. And Maggie is in ballet/tap again.
Owen had yellow day at school a week or so ago and we were bringing snack so I decided to make him "yellow day" cookies. Anyhow, they turned out really cute.








I made each kid a star and was going to put names on them....but it was about 10 at night when I began them and several kids in the class have rather long names, so about halfway into the name writing I opted for all yellow stars. And yes, I did make more stars, I just hadn't put them all on the tray yet. Owen was really excited to take them to class, actually he was probably more excited to eat them.

We are getting ready for Maggie's birthday 5th birthday party. She is having a chef party. The kids all get to make their own aprons and hats, their own pizzas, and then decorate their own cakes. We were making her birthday invitaitons the other day. Here she is in her photo shoot for that.










She is so funny, she is reminding me more of Joe as she gets older. She has his sense of humor and says things that just crack me up sometimes.

It has been so hot here latley, but we did have a few nice fall days this past week so the kids got to wear their cute fall outfits. We went with NeilaSusan and Carson to a music class which the kids LOVED. Maggie and Owen had so much fun and Josie realy seemed to like it too. She was just "singing" along with the group.
We have been out to the pumpkin patch a few times to let the kids play and have a few more trips scheduled there with MOPS and Maggie's class so I will get some pictures one of those times.
Here are the kids one day last week
I am not sure why it's so hard to get a good picture of the 3 of them all looking at the camera. And it makes no sense why the one that is actually looking at the camera in all the pictures is the 8 month old baby!


























My baby Josie is getting so big. She LOVES yogurt, well she loves pretty much everything I have fed her. :)




She is drinking with a cup pretty well as long as I help her get the spout. She thinks she is so big when she has a cup.


The kids were on fall break last week and we spent most of it sick. Maggie and Josie both came down with fevers and vomiting last week and they gave it to me by the end of the week and I still can't shake it. At least not the fever and sore throat. Well, I need to get some sleep so I can get everyone up and moving in the morning.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

i can't wait until the party!!! someone better be @ the finish line on sunday to get a pick of me. hint, hint. hope you are feeling better. tell the kids i can't wait 2 c them. love you.

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

The pictures of the 3 of them are cute! I can NOT get a good one of the 2 of mine together so I can't imagine adding another one to the mix. :) Your beach pictures are great, too.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I love the cookie picture and am envious that you can take cookies to school. We can't have peanut butter, raisins, grapes, popcorn, nuts, cookies, cupcakes..............
:) Kirsten