Sunday, December 07, 2008

Santa and Parades

This weekend was very relaxing which is exactly what I needed after last week. Joe was in Mexico the entire week, which I am posting now that he is back since I never post when he is gone for fear that some nut case will come break into my house while he's gone. Anyhow, he travels quite a bit so I don't think much about being on my own for a few days with the 3 of them usually....but this week was sooo different. It was smooth sailing until Thursday and something within Owen took a turn for the worse and kept going south. He was such a handful for 2 straight days I honestly was about to go crazy. He found every possible thing to get into that that is just what he did. One day I found him in a corner with a red Sharpie (permanant) coloring his hands, arms, etc. He told me he was painting on his superhero suit. Well, in the midst of trying to get away he smeared red sharpie all over his nose and cheeks, the beanbag chair, and me. Yesterday was the first day he didn't look like Rudolph. Anyhow, he took every bit of energy I had left in me and drained it all out in those 2 days so I was thrilled when Joe got home Friday evening and could be on Owen control. Owen is such a good little boy, he just requires much more attention than Maggie. Not in your actions so much, his favorite game to play is "baby _____ (you fill in the blank". Where your the mommy animal and he is the baby. This requires very little playing skill as you basically just sit and pet his head and call him baby ______(whatever animal he is). He and Mimi began this game I believe as "baby mousie" at his visit at her house. Anyhow, he is no trouble at all as long as your right with him.....but the second he is off to play on his own the trouble begins. Not sure if he just gets bored or what but he ALWAYS find something to mess or get into that he shouldn't.

So yesterday we got up and went to the Shelbyville Christmas parade downtown where the kids got more candy than trick or treating and had so much fun. We met up with Nick, Neila-Susan, and Carson and got awesome spots right on the street the parade is on so the kids got in and out of the car when they got cold and I was able to leave Josie in the van the whole time as it was really cold out.













The kids all had fun and loved all the fire trucks, floats, cheerleaders, and candy.

After that it was straight to the library to see Santa. Maggie and Owen were so excited for this part and last year I got the cutest pic with Santa here so I was hoping for another good one this year, which I got! (and it was free!) They all got on his lap together for a picture and then Maggie and Owen both had their own turn to tell him what they wanted....which is staying the same each time thankfully. Maggie wants a doll house and Owen wants the Batcave. Owen told Santa Josie wanted a cow.... I told him he could use his discretion on that one. :)
Here is Joe entertaining Owen and Carson while waiting to see Santa. They picked out a book about trucks for him to read to them.



















The group shot

















Owen and Santa (how happy does he look.....he LOVES this man)

















Maggie and Santa















Josie and Santa....not such a fan.





(actually she was crying because the elf took away the jingle bells she was playing with, not because she was scared. but i thought it made a cute picture) Anyhow, after that we had a few snacks at the library and headed home to get some things done around the house and just hang out together.












Today I went to church and Joe stayed home with Josie as she is not feeling good at all. She is all gunky in her eyes, not eating well, and just very whiney. She is always so bright eyed and happy so she is actually pretty pitiful right now. After church we hung around the house and I tended to Josie as she was so needy and this evening we went to Louisville for Family pictures. Not such a great night to do them with Josie being sick...and the pictures show it. But it was the only time we could get in to do them before Christmas so this night it was....gunky eyes and all. The pictures turned out great of all of us....Josie not so much. I will post them later so you all can see.



So that is the extent of our weekend, but it was just what we all needed before another full week. I am working this week for 3 days so Mom and Patti K are headed up here to keep the kids for me for a few days. Well, that is all for now. I am off to hopefully get some sleep.....Josie will be the judge of that.

No comments: