Well, we put the tree up Friday evening after I had a fun filled day (beginning at 3 am) of shopping with my friend Shannon. We went to Lexington and shopped until after noon and had a great time and got lots of great deals. This year the kids did the majority of the tree. It was so cute to watch them, Maggie was very excited about decorating this year and seemed to enjoy herself. She was so cute placing each ornament on the tree and Owen cracked Joe and I up as he picked about 2 branches to put EVERY single ornament he picked up on. So his were all clustered on two brances of the tree and Maggie had hers spaced out but were on the bottom half of the tree aside from the ones that Joe and I put up high. It turned out great and Josie has had a time trying to pull every single bulb off the tree.
This weekend Joe went out to hang lights on the house since Maggie really wants them this year. WEll, he got some of the house done and then proceeded to put them on the dormer....until he got on top of it.
He is not afraid of heights but said something about being up there didn't settle well with him so we are opting out of lighting that part of the house!
After my millionth attempt at getting a good Christmas picture of the kids today (which still has not happened) I took them to Neila-Susan's house to make a gingerbread house with she and Carson.
They had so much fun, espcially Maggie who is "Miss Craft." They all got a piece of the house with icing and candies to decorate it with and then we put it together at the end. The cutest part of the night was when we were trying to put it together and were missing a part....we look under the table and there is Carson with the wall of the house eating it. It was pretty funny. We have no big plans this week as of now, it is getting cold and snowy so I don't know if that is how the rest of the week looks or not, but if so we are for sure staying in. Maggie didn't go to school today, she woke up about 15 till 9 (school starts at 9) and didn't act like she felt great so I just told her to get on the bean bag and watch her show. It was cold out so I knew she wouldn't be up for getting dressed if she didn't have to. I figure it's my last year to let her "skip" when she feels like it so do it while I can. WEll, I am off to bed..Just wanted to update for all you readers out there
And I will be changing my web address tommorow so if you haven't emailed me yet to get my new address be sure to! meghanburke1@msn.com
No comments:
Post a Comment