We began the evening with sparklers, MiMi got out and did a few cheers with her sparklers but I didn't get any pictures of her in action. :)
Maggie and Owen both liked them, owen was a bit leary at first with the danger of fire and all.....but after a bit he joined in. Maggie was trying to write her name with hers but couldn't get it to last as her name is long. Josie didn't want to hold one by herself but enjoyed having some help by Daddy....he was braver than I would have been!
We had a bit of excitment here while playing with sparklers, a lady drove by in a van and asked if we had lost a dog. She had a dog on her lap....we said, no, we had no dog and she said it had just jumped in her car and she didn't know where it lived. Well about that time, this dog jumps back out her window and over to all of us, which if you know how me, my mom, Owen, Josie, and even Joe feel about dogs.....we were not happy about. The only one who even likes animals is Maggie and she was even not so sure about this one! It was running like crazy into the kids and us and when Owen went to the front door to go in it shoved into him trying to get into the house, which is where the baby was right inside the front door. We were all trying to kick it away and it was acting very weird and would not leave so Joe finally got it into the garage and closed the door. I tried to call a dog catcher or animal control but couldn't get ahold of anyone, so i finally called the police station. I asked the lady who I needed to call to come take the dog and she said no one from animal control would be available until Wednesday. I was not goign to let this dog go back out into the neighborhood as my kids play outside alot, so I told her it would be in the best interest of the dog to have someone get it becasue we are not animal people and would for sure not keep this dog until Wednesday. She took my info and said she'd have someone call me back and in a few minutes a lady from animal control called and said she'd be about an hour as she was not in our county, but she'd come get it.
So Joe set up chairs for the kids and Mom on the sidewalk to watch the fireworks and I went in with the baby.
He set them off from the backyard and the kids really enjoyed it, they had popcorn and drinks and thought that was fun. The lady came to take the dog around 10:30 or so and a few days later a lady came to my porch and said she wanted to thank me for taking care of her dog on the 4th of July. I sort of laughed and said, well, we just called the animal control. She said, I know....but thanks for not just letting it go and getting someone to take care of it, we were out of town. She gave me a thank you note too. :) I told Joe and we were cracking up, he said, "I guess animal control didn't tell her that you said you would just as soon shoot it as keep it until Wednesday!" I said apparently not! But for the record, I would not have hurt it.....of course if you remember the story about Joe and the opposum I can't speak for him. :)
Monday, the 5th, the park here in town was setting of fireworks.....for some reason they didn't do it on the 4th???? Our friends live near the park and can watch them from their house and invited us over so we went there. I dressed the kids in their 4th of July outfits I had gotten awhile back and they looked adorable!
I got them back in May and had hoped Emmie Jayne would be here in time to wear it and match everyone. I didn't get a picture of Maggie by herself as she was at Music Camp at church and by the time we got to our friends house she was long gone with her buddies.
Here is a picture of all of them together at nearly midnight after we got home. They were all falling apart at this point so they are not at their finest. :)
MiMi has been here since last Monday when Emmie was born and was such a huge help. It was nice to be able to sleep in and rest up and the kids all enjoyed her. They spent lots of time outside playing, taking walks, going to the library, and I am not sure how it worked out for Mom....but in the week she was here the kids got 4 new Webkinz. I came home from the hospital to my favorite meal of beans, mac and cheese and cornbread........and had PB fudge and banana bread all week. My favorites. I guess no matter how old you get there is no one like your mom to get you on the mend. I had told her I figured it would take about a week to get back on my feet and yesterday I must say I felt great and like myself again thankfully. So hopefully if the heat will go down a bit we can be back at the pool before long. Here is MiMi and the kiddos before she left this morning. They all wanted to go home with her and were not happy about her leaving, I keep telling them to guilt her into moving down here!
No comments:
Post a Comment