We had Owen's Toy Story 3 birthday party on Saturday and it turned out great, he had so much fun! His favorite part of the movie is the little green aliens so that is what we made for his cupcakes.
He loved them! And since Emmie is just 2 weeks old I loved them too as they were much easier than a cake!
We got the house all ready that morning, which the kids always love. They get so excited about all the decorations and balloons....so that is why I do it. :) Although I know my mom and husband find it rather funny that we spent over 20 some dollars on balloons.
Maggie and Josie wanted to wear their hats right when I put them out, and even Emmie got in on the party hats too!
And here is the five year old birthday boy all ready for his party!
We had a house full of kiddos, I think almost every chair was doubled up with kids.
Pizza was what we ate (yes, again something easy) and we even had quite a variety....pizza hut and papa Johns...??? Joe and Dad were in charge of getting the pizzas so I am still not sure how that turned out.
Owen wore his crown from chuck e cheese for a large part of this party too.
We sang happy birthday to the birthday boy, which he was so cute during...he acted somwhere between proud and embarrased.
And then it was time to enjoy the cake....here is Josie showing me how happy she was about cake time!
This is Isaac, one of Owen's very best buddies....
And Maggie and Bella...
After filling up on cake and ice cream it was time for the piniata. I hadn't remembered to get him one and a few days ago he asked me where his piniata was.....so I spent most of yesterday evening driving all over Louisivlle hunting for one. With my friend shannon's help I finally found one! It was a pull string one which is all I can find anywhere, but Joe thinks they are goofy so he rigged up a string to hang it and got out the baseball bat for the kids to beat it open instead. We went youngest to oldest and it made it to Maggie before the candy was all out. Here is Owen giving it a good hit.
Here are the kiddos collecting their loot.
Shannon and I than set up a tatoo shop and gave the kids toy story tatoos....I think we are pretty much tatoo pro's now! Watch out LA Ink. :)
The kids played outside a bit and then we went inside for presents.
Owen loved all his gifts and was so excited that I think he and his friends had every toy opened up before the party was over.
Here is Owen with all his friends at the party
Not sure what these 2 were up to but I am sure it is no good. :) They can be quite the dynamic duo!
JaJa and Emmie were all partied out, check out Dad's hairbow that Mom and I gave him!
We had a great day and most important Owen told me he loved his party. :) Happy birthday to my little Owen!
No comments:
Post a Comment