Joe's parents were not able to make it to Owen's birthday party so the weekend after we headed to Ohio for a few days to see them and let owen have yet another little celebration. We got there friday night and surprised them as they thought we were coming up on Saturday. Joe's grandma was staying with them that night so she got to see the kids which was nice.
We let the kids swim for a bit that night after we got there which they thought was neat. Since his grandma was there we decided to stay in a hotel so we headed there and got checked in. I wasn't sure how everyone would do....all 6 of us in a hotel room with 2 double beds. Especially with Emmie waking to nurse through the night. But I am proud to say we got all 4 kids down in a matter of minutes and everyone, with the exception of Emmie and I, slept all night long. I told Joe I do believe we have this parenting thing down. :)
The next morning we went over to let the kids swim some more and Emmie and I headed to the outlets to return a few things and of course shop a little. :) Debbie had made cupcakes for Owen so they sang happy birthday to him and let him open his gift.
It was so hot out so the kids enjoyed playing in the pool....
And Emmie enjoyed hanging out poolside with Papa.....
We also got to see Joe's friend, Rob, and his wife and little boy while we were there. I don't think we had seen him since he came to visit us in Germany.
We headed back home Sunday morning and stopped at the cincinnati outlets where they kids all got new crocs with jibits.. Owen picked all Mr. Men guys, Josie picked Dora, Diego, and baby Jaguar, and Maggie went with pebbles, bam bam, nala, and simba. They were all quite pleased with their new shoes.
We only have a few weeks before school begins so we hope to get in a lot of pool time before then!
No comments:
Post a Comment