Saturday, September 18, 2010

All Boys Campout

Bonfires are a regular at our house. My husband has a thing for fires, Owen has a thing for hot dogs, and the girls and I are suckers for smores. So we often have a bonfire outback with all the extras. This past weekend Isaac, Joe's brother, came to visit so that he, Joe, and Owen could camp out in the tent in the back yard. Maggie already had plans to go to a friends house for a sleepover, and Josie, Emmie and I were not going to be sleeping in a tent, so that made it an all boys campout!

Owen was quite excited, but being his mommy I had major doubts he would make it through the night out there. The night began with seting up the tent which was quite exciting for both Owen and Josie.


























They had to get in and check it all out. Then we roasted hotdogs and grilled burgers over the fire....Josie and I stuck around long enough for the food.








Owen is quite the hotdog roaster....


















Josie waited patiently for Owen to cook her "hahgog" (hotdog) while she ate some "bips" (chips)






























After eating it was time for the best part....SMORES.
As you can see Josie was quite excited and did not care to part with the marshmellows.




























Joe got them made and it was time to eat them up!

















These two had no problem doing that!























Emmmie Jayne spent the whole evening behind the lens with me....hanging out in the sling.







Here they are before Josie and I headed inside for the night.






















I fell asleep a little after 10 or so and woke up around 1:30am to Joe getting in bed with me. I asked where Owen was and he said up in his room. Apparently Owen fell right to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night saying he was done with the campout and was ready to go inside. Told Joe he just couldn't fall asleep. ;) So they all headed inside to finish up their nights rest. The next morning Owen said he never did fall asleep, but Joe is pretty certain he was out like a light for several hours. So Owen's first campout....well half campout, went fine. But I don't think we'll be signing up for boy scouts anytime soon!

No comments: