Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Beach cont....

Joe took owen to get his hair cut the 2nd morning we were there. It had gotten so long and he looked like a totally different kid with it all cut off!




I LOVE this little face. :)



















Maggie and Mom found a new game they enjoyed....Mom would fill a water bottle up with sand and pour it on Mag's legs. I got a few turns and it did feel so good!





Maggie was more into having it done to her, more than giving anyone else a turn. haha..












Owen wanted to build a sand castle so he and Joe went to building one afternoon.














He was so proud and sent Dad up to get me in the condo (Emmie and Josie were napping) so I could take a picture of it. Several people walked by and commented on what a great sand castle it was and his little face just lit up. It was so cute.








I think Josie looks so cute in the bathing suit....she thought so too, of course i think Josie thinks she looks "bootiful" in everything! She was hamming it up this day as we walked out to the beach.....she sure is a handful, but Man! She's cute. :)


































Maggie had been eyeing all the people on the beach with boogie boards so Joe went and got her one. She loved it and did a great job riding in the waves....but it was alot of work to get herself and the board out there!




































This picture is for my sis.....this is Josie doing her "Jack Sparrow swagger" Josie has a very distinct "walk" if that is what you call it. She typically swaggers around and looks just like Jack Sparrow when she walks, can you see it in this pic sis?

































Our beach trips are very relaxing and after 9 years I guess you could say pretty predictable.....guys golf, we hit the beach and pool, out to eat at night, ice cream and putt putt. Somewhere in there is ususally some shopping as well. Here are some more pictures of the best part...the ocean and pool!































































































Mom and I walked down the beach one night with the girls to an ice cream shop and arcade on the beach. Maggie and Josie loved being on the beach at night and thought it was pretty neat. While mom was getting the ice cream the girls and I had a photo shoot. Maggie was all about posing for me and Josie joined in.


































Maggie than turned the camera on me and Emmie Jayne, who had passed out on the walk there.










































Here are my oldest 3 taking a stop for a photo shoot on our walk to the beach.



















Here we were at a fish restaurant one evening. Maggie was checking out all the fish there and when she saw this one she said, "Oh my...I could NOT eat a fish with it's tounge sticking out!"
Like Maggie would eat any fish. haha


























Mom and Joe really liked this restaurant but Dad and I weren't crazy about it. Here is Josie showing her many different faces.



































And Maggie and her MiMi.






























Maggie wanted to pose next to the Maggie Moo's sign

















and after she walked away Josie posed next to it and said, "take mine, take mine picture too"









































One of the biggest hightlights of the week would have to be the night we went to barefoot landing. We had some ice cream and walked around a bit when we happened upon "kids kareoke." There was a little girl singing and we sat and watched her awhile, Maggie was trying to decide if she wanted to go up there when all of a sudden we look up and Josie is headed up there and gets the microphone.










Joe and I froze wondering what our unpredictable 2 year old was going to do. The man asked her what her name was and she says, "Josie" he asked her how old she was, to which she replied, "12". Then he asked her if she'd like to sing twinkle twinkle little star. She said yes and proceeds to sing the entire song right along with the music. (I wasn't even aware she knew all the words) When she was done she takes a step forward and with no prompting takes a bow. It was undoubtfully the cutest thing ever, and Joe and I could have died that we didn't video it. Joe got the ending bow on his cell phone but was pretty much frozen in awe that she did it until that point. It was one of those things that had we wanted her to do it there was not a chance she'd of done it, but being her idea she was all over it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'll bet there was not a single person there who didn't think that Josie was the CUTEST thing ever!! That is such a great moment to treasure!