Monday, August 15, 2011

First day of 2nd grade and Kindergarten!








Well today is the big first day of school! Backpacks are packed, clothes laid out and lunch menu all ready to be packed. The kids were so excited this morning when they woke up. They both wanted cinnamon toast for breakfast....which is what Maggie has always eaten for her first day.






















They both got up very easily which was a blessing since they had gotten used to sleeping in all summer!

Joe took the morning off of work so he could take them to school too.

Here is Maggie....my big 2nd grader!



























I have a book with a picture of them on their first day of school from each year. I looked at the first day of 3 year old preschool picture of her, which I remember like it was yesterday, and i cannot believe how big she's gotten. I hope the next 5 years don't go so fast!



And Owen his first day of Kindergarten!



























Maggie's class is the same kids as last year, minus a few. There are 16 kids in all, with 5 girls. All the girls were seated at the table together. They were all excited!

























Owen's class has 8 kids. There are 2 kindergarten classes since there were 16 kids that enrolled...and once they get past 15 kids they have to split. Maggie's class was the same way in Kindergarten. Of the 8 kids in class he knows 4 of them, and was seated beside Noah, who is Maggie's best friend's little brother.






















He was in awe of his desk. It was so cute, once he realized there was a cubby hole he began getting all his stuff out and shoving it in there. He told Joe, "look daddy, there is a secret hole to keep stuff!" Who knows what will end up in there with Owen!








Josie walked them in with us too...... I am sure I'll blink and she'll be going here with them as well.




















My 2 elementary school kiddos.....

No comments: