Well this week I have asked them what they would like to do. They wanted to go to the splash park one day, so my friend Sheila and I met up there with all our 8 kids and let them play. Emmie Jayne loves running around there and makes a huge effort to avoid all the spraying water.
It doesn't always work out so well for her. She doesn't seem to mind though and just keeps going.
Maggie and Josie stuck close as usual. Those two get along so well....they both adore the other which works out well.
Josie fell at one point which put her in "Josie drama" and she laid out here on the table for a good hour or more.
And Owen was happy as can be since his buddy Isaac was there. I didn't see him once other than running back and forth.
Another day the kids wanted to go to a place called "All About Kids" that they love. I always take the kids when they are preschool age alog and the older 2 have gotten to go alot as they have gotten older. Well, we got lunch packed, packed up the van and drove there only to be told that Maggie and Owen were too old to play there during the preschool time. Ages 5 and under only. They have never cared before as long as your child is not wild and hurts the little kids so I was not happy.....Maggie and Owen were so sad as they had been so excited about this. Well, I decided I had to find something fun for them to do instead so we went across the way to a place called "puzzle dome." I had never been there before and so we went to the front desk and asked what it was. Well, the lady talked it up...there was an "art room" she said, lots of bouncers, a puzzle dome you could crawl through, etc. Well, we paid the money and got in and were met by alot of dissapointment. There were 3 bouncers. 2 of which were fun, but only about the first 15 minutes. We moved onto the crawl dome..which turned out to be about like the play tunnels at mcdonalds. Next we tried the art room...which consisted of a table with coloring sheets and crayons. And then there was the bowling and putt putt....which cost another 6 bucks per kid to play. We stayed about 30 minutes before deciding this wasn't what they had really had in mind. So at least now we know.....don't go back to Puzzle Dome!
We spent one more day at the pool....this is one of the things I LOVE about summer. To me this is a perfect day....
We went over to the park after swimming awhile and the kids all decided to swing. They lined up littlest to biggest I noticed after taking the picture. I love love love these kiddos more than life itself...
It was a wonderful summer....went by way too fast but it was alot of fun. Can't wait to do it all again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment