Monday, October 17, 2005

Lazy Monday

We didn't do much this weekend, just went out saturday night and shopped a little bit and then went to church yesterday. We had a cookout last night with our small group at church, so that was fun. Today me and the kids have just hung around the house and ran out to walmart and the post office. While we were at the post office this older man in line behind us began talking to maggie while I was checking out. I looked back to see him pull out this small box from his pocket that said "Box-o-tricks on the top of it. As he opened it I see that it is filled with maggie's all time favorite treat...M&M's. She of course at this point would have happily left with this man and his "box of treats" and she begins filling her hands with these M&M's. This was one of those times when I was so grateful that my 2 year old still takes a pacifier becasue she had it in her mouth and would have had to drop her handfuls of M&M's in order to take it out and eat them. I was trying to pay and get my stamps while keeping an eye on her and this man, who I am sure was just being nice. Inside I am totally losing it hoping she does not eat an M&M from this man, I don't know if it's because I am a nurse and have a weird germ phobia when it comes to my kids or because I watch way too much Oprah and Dr. Phil and think that every person is out to harm my children...(which is what my husband would say)...anyhow the thought of her eating that candy made my skin crawl! So we check out and leave and as we get into the car I open her hands and let all her "treats" fall onto the street. She of course has a total meltdown as she is watching me throw away this candy that she was so excited about only a minute before. So I get her to calm down as we drive away by telling her I will get her a whole bag of clean M&M's at Walmart. So we go to walmart and as I promised she got her M&M's and was quite happy with them. So that has been our day so far. They are both in bed now and I just went to change Maggie's sheets b/c she once again decided to take all her clothes and diaper off and pee all over her bed. For some reason naptime is when she decides potty training is a good idea and so she takes everything off and screams MOMMA....POTTY.. over and over. Owen is trying to fall asleep now also so I am hoping to get a few hours to myself to get a few things done. This friday is Maggie's birthday so I am going to go wrap her presents while she sleeps.




1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ooh, creepy post office man! Stop giving candy to children, because then you just look like a textbook perv!