Friday, March 31, 2006

Germany here we come

Maggie spent the morning hanging out with her Grandad. They played outside and sat on the swing before coming in and eating some popcorn. She is gonna miss him so much, she thinks he is coming with us to Germany and probably won't be very happy when he doesn't get on the plane with us. I caught some cute pictures of them this morning on the swing talking. Dad is really going to be sad after we leave. As much as he is gonna miss mom and I, I doubt it compares to how much he is gonna miss coming home from work to Maggie and Owen. He will be a bacholer for over 3 weeks so if anyone has extras invite him over for dinner!


We went out and visited Mama Sue and Papa Whitey one last time today. It was sad to say bye to them since my Papa was diagnosed with lung cancer recently so I know this may be the last time we see him. He loves the kids and they really took to him also.

Everything is packed up I hope. I have 6 suitcases stuffed full plus maggie's carseat to check so we are getting there in plenty of time to check in just in case we have to do some luggage rearranging. I hope the flight goes smoothly and the kids do well. The plan is for them to sleep so hopefully that is what will happen. Well, I may not post again for awhile since I don't know if our internet is up and working yet, but keep checking in. I will be back on as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Can't wait until you all get on the internet. WE miss you and can't wait to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

I sure miss my grandkids and I'll bet they would call if they could. As for my daughter and wife, it might be nice to hear from you. I'm doing all right, just in case you're interested. 12 - 14 hour work days only leaves time for sleep. I miss you all.
Ed