

We have enjoyed our first week here in West Virginia. Maggie and I have gotten over our cold/cough symptoms but Owen can't seem to get rid of his for some reason. We haven't gotten to visit much this week with Owen being sick, Patti K is in Europe so we will be glad for her to get home, lori and TJ have been sick too this week and Owen naps so much that everytime we think we're going to go somwhere he's fallen asleep again. Maggie has enjoyed going walking at the cemetary with MiMi everyday. They talked Owen and I into going one day but we didn't enjoy it as much as they do, too many hills! Today we all went out to Target and shopped a little before eating lunch at panera bread. The kids looked so cute in their St. Patricks Day outfits although I wasn't able to get a great picture of them. Mom informed me that amanda and I never had "leprochan outfits" when we were little. Hahaha.
I found an old big wheel of mine up in the attic this week and let maggie try it out but she wasn't able to peddle very well and got so mad at herself that we just decided to come back inside. About an hour later a neighbor of mom and dad's brings over this brand new red rider tricycle in the box with the pole on the back so you can push your kid and said that maggie could have it, her little girl had outgrown it before they even got it out of the box. Dad put it together but it hasn't been warm enough yet to let her try it out. She will love it!! I wish we had gotten it sooner so we couldv'e taken it to germany with us but she'll just have to keep it at MiMi and Grandad's to play with when she visits. Mom has tons of toys here for the kids to play with, lots of amanda and I's when we were little and she's also picked up various new toys since maggie came along. Buy of all the toys Owen's favorite thing to play with is mom's back roller!! Figures.
Tommorow we are going to have dinner at Lori and JR's house. Maggie will love playing with TJ and I think some others in the family will be there too so that will be nice to all get together. Joe called me today from Germany and was in our new house checking things out. He said it looked great and they had gotten professional cleaners to come in so it was in move in shape he said. He is figuring out the lay of the land it seems. Well, i will update more later.
3 comments:
I know about those West Virginia hills and mimi is a walking machine. I'm with you Meghan, some days it's not so fun. But having Maggie with us was fun. Pushing Maggie up the hill, not so fun, but mimi had no plans of changing our direction so we could walk down the big hill instead of up! She's a walking machine! Sorry I woke you and kids up last week and even more sorry I missed you, I'll try again.
I'm so glad you updated everything, and I wish I could see the kids. They look so cute, and O is so so so big!!! I miss him! Tell maggie Aunt Amanda and Uncle Tres loves her and wish they could play! Give O a huge kiss for me.
Wow!!! Germany.... hot weather warm beaches, shops galore!!!!
As you can tell by my last nonsense statements plenty of intoxicating beer here too.
You guys look real cute in your "greens". Wish I was there. Love and miss you...dad
Post a Comment