Sunday, March 12, 2006

Goodbye Peoria!!

We have said goodbye to Peoria for the last time now and have arrived safe and sound in West Virginia to visit for a few weeks before the big trip to Germany. This past week was a whirlwind of signing papers, packing up, making phone calls and trying to keep my sanity with 2 babies in a hotel room. To top it all off the kids and I were sick pretty much the whole week with cough/cold symptoms so we didn't get to visit with everyone before leaving like we'd planned. We did get to have dinner with the hammelman's thursday evening which was nice, but sad. I got some really cute pictures of maggie with the girls but am waiting for Joe to email them to me from Illinois so I can put them on here. Mom came down thursday night and kept the kids for me friday while I got my hair cut and ran some last minutes errands before we headed out saturday morning. Joe leaves thursday morning for Germany so I am hoping he is able to get everything ready at the house before we arrive in a few weeks. It will be nice to get into a house again with all our things and have a more normal life for the kids.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad you made it safe. I was wondering about you. I am still sick so I didn't see Joe when he was here the other night. Hope you have fun visiting your family before the big move. I have been laying around wallowing in my depression all weekend!

Nicole said...

I'm sorry we didn't all get to see you guys for one last playgroup. :( Enjoy your time at your parents'!

Anonymous said...

Meghan,
It has been really nice getting to know you and I hope you come back our way again! We wish you all the best in Germany and we will miss you!!! Love, Kristin