Monday, January 28, 2008

40 weeks!

So I am now 40 weeks and my darling little girl has yet to show herself. I can't believe I haven't had her yet.... Anyhow, as of the dr. thursday I was still the same but she seemed to think it would be very soon... seems like both of us were wrong. Mom and Dad came down Friday so they would be here to stay with the kids if I went into labor and I honestly thought that having them here would let me relax enough to get things going. I had not been sleeping at all and half of it was becasue I was anxious about if I did go into labor how would everything work out with the kids. So I have been sleeping great since they got here, but still no baby. The doctor and I went over induction last week and I am pretty anti-induction and she knows that but she had some concerns that she felt I should have been induced a few weeks ago over so we came to a compromise that I would go to 40 weeks and if nothing by then I would agree to be induced. Well, that day has come tommorow so unless Josie makes her debut on her own by tommorow morning she is being forced out. So there is the update to all of you wondering....I will update and let you know when all is said and done. And be praying with me that she decides to come tonight on her own!!

4 comments:

cute pumpkin said...

Wow, she is either going to be really laid back or very stubborn! I hope it all works out safely which ever way she comes.
I am thinking of you.

whitney weeks

Mary said...

Oh Meg, sorry you might have to get induced. I know you really didn't want that. If it makes you feel any better, I did not need an epidural with Ryan. The induction wasn't too painful and it kick started my labor and I didn't many drugs at all. Hopefully you'll have a similar experience.
Let us know,
Mary

Kendra White said...

Meg, I told you from the beginning that it would be the 31st. It has been a great birthday for me! By the way will you deliver in Louisville or Lexington. Keep us posted!

valurena said...

i am so relieved, here i thought you just didn't call me. it IS all about ME, ya know? i've been praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. and, hey, rather you than me my friend ;) hehe ... i can't wait to see her!