Monday was the day we went to Animal Kingdom. Mom and Dad kept Josie with them at the resort and spent the day at Downtown Disney and sightseeing. So Joe and I had the day to spend with Maggie and Owen and we had alot of fun. We began our day at the Tusker House for breakfast with Donald. And anyone planning a trip to Disney this is the only character reseravation I would say was worth making. The food was really good and the kids (even Maggie) actually ate.
The kids loved meeting all the characters and Goofy comes out at one point and dances and has all the kids get up and play music with him and dance around so they thought that was fun. After eating, we headed to do some riding and decided on the Rapids Ride. It was about 9 or so when we did this and looking back I am not sure why we began our day with a water ride...but anyhow, we rode it and with this ride 1 person out of every 8 on your boat pretty much gets soaked. Well, on our ride it was Maggie....who is the worst possible person to get drenched as I mentioned before she hates being in wet clohtes. Owen on the other hand would have LOVED it. Maggie was pretty unhappy after getting off and kept begging us to go buy her something to wear.
It was hot out so she was dry by the time we got off of the safari and luckily she had forgotten about it.
The safari was pretty neat if you are an animal person. Maggie loved seeing all the different animals...here she is with a giraffe behind her.
I thought it was pretty much the same as a trip to the zoo.....which is not one of my favorite ways to spend a day. :)
We then rode Maggie's favorite ride of the whole trip.....Expedition Everest. Which is a huge roller coaster there. It was a very fun one and Joe and I took turns riding it with her since Owen wasn't big enough. We went to the show, "It's a bug's life" and here we are before going in with the 3-D glasses on.
OHhhhhh, if only I had an after picture. This show totally terrified Owen more than I can even express. He screamed and shook the entire time in my lap. It was pretty intense for a 3 year old and had I looked at the brochure before going in I would have seen the "WARNING, may be frightening for small children" ....but I didn't, I read it after we got out.
We took the kids to the dinosaur digging area which was nice and cool and let them play/rest awhile.
It was while we were here that it dawned on me that I hadn't put any sunscreen on Owen that day.
I had put it on Maggie that morning but had forgotten him since he was in the other room at the time. He had gotten quite a bit of sun at this point so I covered him in suscreen and put him in the stroller. He fell asleep in a matter of minutes and Joe and Maggie went back to Everset a few more times. We watched the parade and then headed back to the resort since it was closing time (animal kingdom closes at 5 most days). That evening we had reservations at Chef Mickeys so we got cleaned up and headed over to the Contemporary Resort for dinner. This was a fun dinner....although the food wasn't so great.
Once again they had all the characters that the kids loved meeting......well I should rephrase that, Maggie and Owen loved meeting. Josie was not a character fan. Everytime one would come out she would just stare at them. And as soon as they made a gesture toward her she burst into tears.
They had a "party" midway through the meal where everyone swung around their napkins...Joe and Maggie really got into this one.
Owen enjoyed making his own sundae of course.
\
So that was our Animal Kingdom day. I am glad we did it and it was fun, espcially since that is where the best roller coaster was and Maggie loved it. But I don't know that I would go back and do Animal Kingdom again.
3 comments:
Disney is so much fun with kids - don't you love watching their excitement - and after you get back you forget how really exhausting it was! I want to go back soon :) Wendy
oh my gosh, all i can look at is the pics of Josie with the characters. LOL! that is too funny.
Love the pictures, you can tell the kids loved it! Who's the guy with the tatoos and Goofy hat sitting behind you all on the Tusker House picture with Donald? Too funny!
Kirsten
Post a Comment