Maggie hadn't been to dance class in several weeks so she was a little shakey on the routine but did just as well as any of the others did. She never really cares about going to dance class through the year but always LOVES the recital and as soon as the show is over says, "I want to do dance again!" She takes the love of stage from her Aunt. :)
Here are some pictures of her before going on....I was not crazy about the outfits...a little too grown up for 5 year olds I thought. But Maggie looks great in red so I did like the color.
She loves having all the glitter on and her hair done up.
Before the recital Maggie asked Owen if he was going to scream out, "Go Maggie" again (he did at the last recital right before she went on and she loved it) He said he didn't know and she said, "I sure hope you do." Well, he did and she just grinned and looked at him from stage.
Afterwards, Owen gave her a rose and said, "You did a great job Mag." So sweet.
Here she is with her best bud Isaac after the show.
Then it was off to the reception for cake and punch.
Owen loved the punch, Josie loved the cake....imagine that. :)
After the reception we headed into Louisville for an early dinner. We went to a place Joe and I love called Mojitos. We had taken Amanda there before and she really liked it and we thought Mom would as well so it was her mother's day dinner. It was really good as usual.
Tommorow is Mother's Day so it is church and hopefully I can get a rest in.
Here is Owen last week at his "pretend birthday party" at school. Since his birthday is in the summer she let him bring in cupcakes and pretend to have a birthday with his friends. I was a bit afraid he was going to expect gifts and the whole birthday get up but he seemed to totally understand that it was just pretend....thankfully!
No comments:
Post a Comment