Friday, May 08, 2009

Last days of Disney...

Thursday morning we got up bright and early and I took Maggie over to Downtown Disney to pick out something with her money she had taken on the trip. We had gone earlier in the week but I wouldn't let her spend it because I wanted her to look around and make sure it was what she wanted.














Well, we looked and looked and looked and tried on every thing there was to try on and she finally chose a (nother) stuffed animal and a few other things that you can't find at Walmart. :)




She loved these "lego" dogs there.
















Owen, Joe, and Josie came a bit later and Owen also picked out 2 light sabers (not sure if that is the right spelling) so that he and Joe could play Star Wars. He and Maggie had fun playing with them in the store.

















Owen built a racecar at the lego land and raced a few other people with their cars and was so excited that he won 2nd place.











After looking around there some we headed back to spend the day at the







Ariel pool and relax.














As we were walking over to the pool area Maggie and Owen were walking between Joe and I just playing and next thing I knew they were hand in hand being so sweet with each other.













They can be the best of friends when they want to be and I just think it is soooo cute. The kids all had so much fun at the pool and Owen really enjoyed the slide too now that he was feeling better.

























It was Josie's nap time and I thought a few times she was going to fall asleep right in the water but she never did.




















When we got out to dry off and get ready to go she began her favorite thing to do.....gather everyone's shoes.












She LOVES picking up as many shoes as she can find and carrying them around.














We headed back to the hotel to get to bed early since we were headed back to the Magic Kingdom the next day and wanted everyone well rested.



Here is Maggie in front of where we stayed, the Port Orleans Riverside...












So Friday was our last disney day and we decided to use it at the Magic Kingdom again since that is where there was the most stuff for the kids. Plus we hadn't gotten to do it all the first day we were there. When we got there a parade was going on so we stopped and let the kids watch that and dance along with all the characters.
















Then it was off to Dumbo, which we hadn't gotten to ride the first day. It was probably the longest wait we had for any ride the whole week (about 20 minutes) so the kids were pretty bored as we waited.


















They aruged the whole time about which Dumbo we were going to ride (which colored hat one) but luckily when we got up there the workers told us which one to get on.

















The kids rode Big Thunder Mountain several times that day....here they are after getting off the last ride.















We headed back to fantasy land for awhile and rode Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride. Josie really liked this one too.
\













This was one time she was actually awake to ride something! Maggie had wanted to meet Ariel so badly but the wait for her was always over an hour long. But since it was her last day I was bound and determined to let her meet her so I stood in line while Joe let the kids play in the splash park nearby. After a little over an hour I finally got to the front of the line and told Maggie to come on. Owen wanted to meet her too and he was smitten with her when we got in there. It was so cute. He just kept looking at her and smiling.












Maggie talked alot more to her than she had the other princesses...she was a very good Ariel.


Joe and Owen went to ride some more rides while I took Maggie to see Belle's storytime. She got picked up to come on stage and be in the show with Belle. Her part was Lumiere the candle sticks and she did a great job in her big debut. Aunt Amanda would have been proud!


















Afterwards she got to meet Belle once again. She was sooo excited that she got to be in the show and wished Owen had gone as she was just sure he would have been picked to be Gaston or the Beast.

We rode some more rides and once again Josie had passed out.





















So we decided to head out....Joe took control and was quite impressive getting all 3 kids out of the park. :)


















My only desire this trip was to get a really cute picture of the kids with their Disney ears on in front of the castle....well I suppose I set my standards too high as this is what I ended up with.





















I guess that is what I get for waiting until day 8 of Disney and the end of the last day. I was pretty disapointed though since they will only be 5,3, and 1 at Disney one time in their life....and I know this is not Joe's idea of a "fun" vacation so I am not sure when we will grace Disney grounds again. Anyhow, it was a very fun trip and I am glad we did it this year. But I think we will not be trading in our yearly beach trip for Orlando as we did miss the beach on this trip.......but there is always the fall for that. :)

No comments: