Friday, May 22, 2009

Last days of preschool

The kids both had their last days of preschool this week. Both had field trips at the game farm (wild life center) for their last days so since I have kids in both days I got the joy of getting to go twice. (Have I mentioned my feelings towards animals??) It wasn't really all that bad, all the animals and reptiles there are native to Ky and it isn't that big. There are also lots of ducks there to feed which they enjoyed during lunch. Owen's day was first and since he had been in the hay the night before and his eyes were all swollen I gave him some benedryl that morning. That was my first mistake since he had never had benedryl before. The morning started out fine. I left the girls with my friend Sheila so I could spend the day with just him and he was having fun with his friends Bella and Tucker.











As the morning went on he began to get a little glassy eyed and whiney and by lunch time he was in full blown meltdown mode. The benedryl had made him so sleepy but since he knew that wasn't an option he was just plain grouchy. He wouldn't even let me get his picture with Mrs. Boyd, whom he loves, so I knew he was having a bad day. I felt bad for him since I know all too well how benedryl makes you feel...I don't want to be anywhere but in bed when I take it, let alone out in the sun looking at animals. :) Anyhow, we had lunch then headed home where he took a long nap and woke up feeling much better.

The next day was Maggie's day so we all headed back to the game farm for that. Owen was much happier this day and had fun with Maggie and her friends.




















Here they are admiring a black bear.


















We spent a great deal of time at this little creek.


















The kids had fun walking across all the rocks and Josie loved splashing in it.











We then went to have our picnic lunch and Josie was quite happy about that. She ate everything I had brought her and a few minutes later we look down and she had gotten in Sheila's bag and was downing a banana she found in there. She ate the entire hour we were sitting there. Here she is looking espeically cute.






(I am sure you have figured out now that I think she pretty much always is looking especially cute)












I got Owen's picture with Mrs. Boyd this day and he apologized to her for being so grumpy the day before.














She is sooo sweet. She was both kids 3 year old preschool teacher and I am hoping someday she will be Josie's too.






And Maggie with her teacher, Mrs. Ashby.








This was such a sad day for me knowing it was Maggie's last day of preschool. I didn't let her know how sad I was because she is excited for Kindergarten and she sometimes plays off my emotions but her last week was hard for me. I dread taking her to Kindergarten the first day, I have already told Joe he will have to take off and go with me! I want her to stay 5 forever and home with me!

No comments: