Joe still has some landscaping things he wants to finish up around it but the kids are already enjoying it. We put grass seed down and hay all around it and apparently Owen is pretty allergic to hay as his eyes have been swelling everytime he is out there. It is in a great place as it's shaded all morning until about 2 or so and then is back in the shade area in the evening.
Josie loves swinging with Maggie and Owen....I am trying to teach them to swing themselves as I will get pretty tired of swinging 3 swings all summer. This is a pretty hard concept to teach I have decided. I never realized until teaching them that you actually swing with your upper body...the whole pumping your legs thing is not really what makes you swing. :)
Joe got to work right after we got the swingset installed and built a sand box for the kids as well. This was a huge hit too.
I have come to terms that Owen will be sand covered pretty much all summer. The first day we had it he has Joe bury him in the sand.
Josie wasn't so sure about it at first but has warmed up to it a bit now. We have spent a lot of time out there already and am sure that is where we will be this summer, when we aren't at the pool.
Here is Josie with her first ponytail. Isn't she cute!
She has started doing the same little scrunched face grin Maggie and Owen both did about this age. They both would do it everytime we would say, "Do it!" But she does it everytime we say, "Cheese." Here she is at breakfast the other day.
She wanted more blackberries and instead of saying please, she was saying cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment