Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Meet Emmie Jayne!!!!!


She has arrived!!!!! She didn't make me wait until I was 42 weeks pregnant, like I was just sure she was going to do!! On the day I turned 38 weeks, she made her entry into the world. My doctor and I had both voiced that when I thought it was time I had best hurry to the hospital, because I probably wouldn't have much of a labor. I have had all my other kiddos quickly, and we figured she'd be no exception. Well, we had no clue just how right we were. Sunday night Joe and I were laying on the bed just talking and watching TV. A few minutes after midnight I felt a really weird jolt in my stomach and looked at him and said, "that was weird, i wonder if my water just broke???" My water has broken with 2 of my others and so I stood up expecting the major gush....but nothing. So I went into the bathroom thinking maybe I just had to pee.....nope......nothing. I felt like something just wasn't right and began walking and as I steped water....or pee.....rolled down my legs but would stop when I stopped. I was trying to debate what was going on when I had a contraction that I knew meant....."it's time." So I told Joe to call our friends who were going to stay with the kids, I called mom and dad and told them to head our way, and began getting dressed. By the time we were in the car headed to the hospital my contractions had picked up and since I have natural childbirth (no, no epidurals here) I am VERY aware of each step along my labors and what each feeling means. We stopped for gas.....of course were were on E! We got on the interstate when my hips began hurting.....which is a late sign for me, and I was a bit nervous. Joe did a great job of......well, speeding, and staying calm for me saying we were going to get there in plenty of time....although later he reavealed to me that yes, he was also nervous. :) We got to the hospital at 1 AM and went to labor hall. They got me in my room and began all the routine things. I was pretty uncomfortable and told her I would feel better if she'd check me first, that this was my 4th baby and I have them fast. She checked me and I was a 6-7, and 100% so she said she'd get me all hooked up and began my paperwork. I was thinking, "your not gonna have time for all that" in my head.....about 10 minutes later, Joe was rubbing my feet for me and I got the feeling. I told him get someone NOW and tell them I needed to push. He said, are you sure to which I replied...YES!!! NOW GO!!!!" He gets the nurse who doesn't seem as convinced as me that it was time, and she says she is going to check me, so she does and says, "oh my, your a 10 and there is her head....let me get the dr.!" From there on the next 10 minutes were a blur of them telling me not to push, me saying there was no way I could not and people running every which way. I am pretty sure those 10 minutes were not my finest.....but Joe says I did great. :) And at 1:32 AM, Mrs. Emmie Jayne arrived into the world.....after a pit stop of getting the cord off, which was wrapped around her neck twice very tight.

















It was by far the quickest, most intense labor I have had....but it was as quick as I was hoping. I had her and they hadn't even gotten my chart together yet, and when Joe text Mom and Dad that she was born, they had just left their house. I have great "birthing genes", as my mom had me 20 minutes after getting to the hospital, and my grandma, Gaw, told my mom childbirth was about like getting a tooth pulled. :)

I spent the rest of the entire night holding and nursing Emmie Jayne. I knew I should sleep a little, but could not put her down. She is so perfect, and I just sat took in every bit of her. I can't believe how much love you have the second you see them, no matter how many babies you have.

Mom and Dad got to my house around 6 am, and Joe had gone home about 5 or so to sleep a little. They all came up to the hospital once the kids were all up so they could meet their new baby sister.








































They all were so excited to see her, Maggie wanted to hold her right away and Josie was interested in looking at her too.






















Maggie is already such a great big sister and will pick right up with Emmie too. She did not want to give her up to anyone. She wanted to know when I was going to "milk" Emmie. :) Mom and I thought this was very funny.




























Josie said, "I want to hold it"....She did for about a minute and then hopped up saying, "I'm done." Thankfully I was right with her. :) She would occassionally come back to look at her and smile but was just as interested in looking around the room.
















































Owen was very sweet with her, he kept saying, "ohhhh, love her little heart." (I say this to him alot) He also wanted to hold her alot and he and Maggie were back and forth as to who she wanted.



















































Here are all 4 of my babies.....I feel like the luckiest mommy in the world.



































Joe and I with our 4 beautiful babies. We have been so blessed and I am so thankful that I am getting to live my dream of being a mommy.....and thankful to my husband for giving me my dream as well, and living the craziness of 4 kids under 6 with me, it will be fun!

















MiMi and JaJa with their 4 grandbabies.















Emmie Jayne's big sisters


























JaJa is a sucker for newborns too....he finally got to squeeze in some Emmie Jayne time for a few minutes before Maggie stole her back.























Aunt Amanda is quite busy these days but made a quick day trip to meet her newest niece. She will be popular with Emmie Jayne before long....Aunt Amanda is always alot of fun!
















We are headed home tommorow, which is a little sad for me. I love this time in the hospital with just me and the baby. It is such a sweet time that is over so fast. Life will pick up once we get home, but thankfully Mom is here to help me out for a bit until I get totally back on my feet. I will try to update regularly so you can see Emmie growing, and how everyone is adjusting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg,
So happy to see everybody. Can't wait to see the whole beautiful family. I am so happy for you!
Love always- D & O

Anonymous said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL! What an awesome family you have! Lots of love and congratulations!
The Sharp's