It is hard to believe my little Owen is turning 5 today. I look at Emmie and think just 5 years ago he was this small...even smaller actually. Looking at her and him makes me see how fast they grow in such a short time.
For Owen's birthday he really wanted to have a chuck e cheese party. After finding out the reason was that he wanted to get one of the blow up crowns they give you when you have a party there, I told him we could have our own family party there on his birthday....and he could get a crown. And then we'd do his big party at our house on Saturday. He thought that was a great idea.
So Friday we met up with Joe at Chuck E. Cheese around 4 and got his crown (5 bucks), tokens, and pizza and had a party with our family of 6! He was so excited to get his crown and wore it the whole time....except for the short time Josie stole it off his head and wore it around.
After playing games and eating pizza we let him open a few gifts. Maggie had picked out a gift for him all by herself, she got him littlest pet shop hampsters. He is always wanting to play with her but they argue over who gets what so she got him his own. She also made him a card which she wanted to read to him.
Joe got him a few new lego sets which he was very happy with.
After that Chuck E. Cheese came out with a cake and we all sang happy birthday to him. He thought this was very cool. They all had some cake, Josie wore more of hers than she ate I think. :)
Owen has always loved dressed up characters and still does.
He loved seeing chuck e cheese and wanted his picture with him. Josie on the other hand prefered him to be across the room. She hadn't seen him when he was walking around and she was just prancing around the place doing her thing, Joe says to me, "watch this...." and points in her direction. He was right behind her standing and she suddenly turns around and sees him and literally screamed at the top of her lungs and took off running. Joe and I were cracking up, she came to us crying and said, "I wanna hit that mouse!" I wished I had a video of it, pretty funny.
We played a few more games and then Joe headed home with the kids while Emmie and I ran a few errands for Owens party tommorow. I usually have everything more together for their parties but with just having Emmie I am last minute trying to get things I need for his cake, games, and such.
So he had a wonderful time at birthday party #1......here are some more pictures and he is so excited about his Toy Story party tommorow.
And here are his 5 year old pictures that I took to send out for his birthday. He is such a funny little guy, and very cute. :) He has oh so many faces.....these are just a few we see on a regular basis. Here he is showing off his muscles for me....and trying to look mean. Mean really isn't Owen's thing though, Josie has a little more of that in her. :) So happy birthday to my perfect little boy....I love you soooo much!
3 comments:
What a wonderful blessing it is to have Owen in our family! What a sweetie! :) May God use him mightily for His Kingdom!
Love,
Nana
That story reminds me of when we took Megan to Chuck E. for her 2nd birthday. He came up and talked to her once and then when he came up a second time she said "IT'S OVER MOUSE!" We have it on video, so funny!
I have the cutest grandchildren, don't I!
Love Papaw!
Post a Comment