I had a great Mother's Day weekend. I am blessed to have the most wonderful children and to get to just be a mommy to them every single day. I of course got blessed with lots of cards, flowers, and pictures from them....which I would have been totally content with.
Saturday afternoon I am just doing chores around then house....when I am informed that I have a massage scheduled for me in an hour. Now if you know me...there are few things I love more than a massage....as in my kids have found this to be my weakness. Don't want to clean your room?? Owen has offered a 30 minute massage in return for me cleaning his room....of course I said yes. Maggie has found that if she comes down at bedtime and talks to me while rubbing my back or feet.......I never look at the clock again.
So I was so happy to find out I would be getting one on this day. I headed over to the salon and enjoyed my hour so very much!!
When I get home the kids and Joe are all ready and have a "map" for me. They have put together a map of places we are going and they are all my favorite things. (Each kid picked a place that they thought I would love). And Owen made a map. I wish I had taken a picture of it....it was so cute and creative.
We began driving and our first stop said "yum" on the map. I wasn't sure where we were going...but we stopped at a Mexican restaurant. Maggie had picked this one and although I do love Mexican food....it was so sweet to me that she picked it because the week before I had mentioned several times how much I was craving some really good Mexican food. And she had remembered that, which I thought was so thoughtful and sweet.
Our meal was great....the service was a little interesting! After that we hopped back in the van and the next stop on my map said, "ROARRRR". I was a little stumped on this one. My kids know I am not an animal lover so I was really hoping we were not headed to the zoo! We drove a bit and came to Chedders....which has my favorite dessert ever! Owen had picked this because he knows I love the cookie monster dessert. Being a Saturday evening around 630....of course it was packed. So Joe went in and ordered 2 cookie monsters to go. They have patio seating that is available for people waiting to be seated. So we just got our to go desserts and sat outside and ate them. They were super yummy.....and 2 just fed the 6 of us!
After that we drove a few more places that I needed to run errands in since we were in Louisville and near them. And then we headed home. The last place on the map was Josie's pick. It was a huge yellow "M". If you know me at all it wasn't hard to figure this one out. Josie picked to take me to McDonalds to get a coke. Which was the perfect ending to the great evening they all gave me.
It was sweet that that they all picked something they thought I loved....and how right they all were!
Sunday, we went to the park and took burgers, hotdogs and such to cook out there. The kids and Joe love doing this....I on the other hand not so much! The kids all asked if we were going to fish and feed the ducks (which is what they usually do when we go there and cook out) and Joe sort of laughed. He said, "of course...since Mommy loves that so much." I think they figured my day was the day before....so we took bread, and fishing gear too.
Now it was cold...I mean way too cold to be May and to be sitting by a lake! The only ones who seemed bothered by the cold and wind were me and Josie. Joe was busy making burgers and Maggie, Owen and Emmie Jayne were running around trying to get close to the millions of baby ducks there were.
I got a chair and blanket and tried to stay warm....Josie thought it looked like a good idea so she joined in with me.
I couldn't believe how many baby ducks there were. They were really cute and the kids were trying to feed them so badly. But apparently they don't eat food yet because they wanted nothing to do with the bread.
None of us were very helpful while Joe made and cooked all the burgers. We just sat near the picnic table and watched.
And Emmie Jayne and I hung out in the van from time to time to warm up from the cold wind.
She was so cute hiding in the back and than she'd pop up and say boo.
Owen and Joe decided to fish after we ate.
He caught a fish within the first 10 minutes or so.
He was so excited.
Maggie took over roasting the marshmallows which didn't turn out so well!
She burnt them a bit more than she and I like.
Here is the pic of the kids and I that Joe set up....everyone with a mouth full of marshmallows.
We had a really fun day and I am so thankful for my 4 little blessings that get to call me mommy!
A few last pics of Emmie Jayne looking as cute as can be!
And this sweet little boy. He is finding that he loves to be outside doing "boy stuff." He likes sports okay.....but give him a fishing rod, a pile of dirt, or a tree to climb and he will be happy for hours. I always tell him he is super special....because there are 3 girls, but God only gave me one little boy. He smiles and likes it.....but I see in him what he doesn't see yet......the cutest little boy with the sweetest heart. I couldn't love him more!
No comments:
Post a Comment