Friday, May 10, 2013

Teacher Appreciation week

Teacher appreciation week is always so fun....I like to send my kids in with a fun gift everyday for their teacher.  Especially if I have really liked her!  This year my kids have both had fabulous teachers.  I always look forward to finding cute ideas and putting them together.  This year I got a nice early start so that before the week began I already had all my things instead of running to Michaels last minute the day before! 

Monday I sent them with these cute flower pots filled with soap, lotion, manicure set, etc...things to do with your hands.  And attatched the little note that said "hands down you are the best teacher."
 




Tuesday I made a batch of recces peanut butter cup cupcakes....YUM!  I bought some cupcake boxes and cute ribbon to add to them.  They turned out so cute and they were a hit with the teachers.  They taste everybit as great as they look. Maybe even better!









 Joe was happy that the batch made 2 extras so he and kids got some. 



Wednesday was my favorite...I thought these turned out so cute!!  I filled jars up with M & M's sorted into colors.




 


Add some cute rainbow ribbon and an adorable note.......

 



And you get these cute gifts for a teacher.....







Thursday I made cupcakes that look like ice cream sundaes.  I actually did this one last year too since I thought it was so cute ! They look so much like ice cream! 




I attatched a gift card to an ice cream place with it and you have an adoable gift!





Friday I put together sand buckets with magazine, towel, sunscreeen, water bottles, candies, gums, and other summer relaxing things. 



I made a cute note to attatch to it......







I love doing things like this so it is super enjoyable to me.  My kids love helping me pick out what to make their teachers, Maggie more than Owen!  And they are always so excited to take them in every morning.  I am so thankful for my kids teachers this year....Owen had the same first grade teacher that Maggie did..and I really like her.  She really seems to up the expectations she has for them which does them so much good....especially in the handwriting department. 

Maggie's teacher was an awesome blessing.  After losing 2 teachers in like the first month of her school year she got Mrs. Lumbatis.....who is amazing. 

I am hoping next years teachers are as great as this year.....Josie will begin Kindergarten so her teacher will need to be very patient!  LOL. 




No comments: