Potty training...... This would be the ONLY part of parenting that I do not like. I mean seriously....Labor, yes I can honestly say I love it. Nursing a baby....LOVE IT. Even all hours of the night. That is actaully my favorite time, just me, the baby, and quiet bonding time. Diapers,....yep. Love that part. Pretty much all things baby and every stage I love. Until it comes to potty trainging.
I typically put it off until my kids are old enough to just do it. Thankfully they have all obliged and have been well trained by age 3. I don't want any poo or pee on my floors anywhere....one of the ten million reasons I don't want/will never have an animal! So the idea of letting my toddler walk around nudey or even in underwear/panties and possibly go on my floor is out of the question.
Anyone who knows me knows how Owen at age 2 wanted to wear undies. Well after an accient or two I decided he was not ready. One day I found him in front of the toilet on a stack of books peeing into the potty. And from there on he was fully trained. LOL.
Well Emmie Jayne is quickly approaching age 3....regardles of how much I try to stop her. So about a month ago I decided to begin the process. For about 4 - 5 days she was, in alot of momma's view, potty trained. She stayed dry (in her pull up) all day and wore a diaper at nap/bedtime. But here was the catch. It was me taking her to the potty all day....not her telling me she had to potty. So after a week of me asking if she had to go, she said no, I took her anyhow, she went, etc. over and over and over. Yes, she was going to the potty...but on my demand. I felt like I was potty trained, not her. So I ditched the effort until she was ready to tell me when she had to go.
As you can tell she was a bit over the waiting game on the potty too.....
Over and over she'd say, "I can't do it I can't do it"
And than she would.....
Big smiles....M & Ms.
Fast forward to today..... I am in the kitchen around 3 or so. I hear Emmie in the green room (tv room) start crying and screaming. I go to see what is wrong and here she comes towards me....totally naked. I ask what is wrong adn she says, "I poop I poop." I then see she has poop on her legs and has also left a nice bit on the floor.
I was pretty disgusted...and upset with her. So I haul her to the bathroom to clean her up, discipline her, and explain that she is not to ever take her diaper off and potty in the floor. She is old enough to go in the toilet if she can do that. So I get her dressed and head to clean up the mess....after making it very clear that she had best not do that again and to tell me if she has to go. She kept saying, "okay I understand, okay."
Well....for the next 5 hours (til bedtime) she came to me 4 times to tell me she had to pee or poo and went on the potty everytime as if she had been doing it forever. And not once did I initiate it...totally her! I am hoping that tommorow she remembers the "feeling" and keeps up the good work! And I have yet to figure out why I dislike potty training so much....when all my kids have made it so easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment