Monday, May 06, 2013

Pen pals.

Josie likes the show Little Bill on Nick Jr.  She didn't used to....because "he is a black kid" (her words exactly)  But after a discussion about how we love all people, God made them all, she was cool with him....and really enjoyed the show. 

There has been an episode on alot recently where Little Bill wants a letter so he writes a letter to his friend.  His Dad had told him if you want a letter you have to write a letter.  So Little Bill writes his friend a letter and of course....a few days later gets a letter back in the mail. 




Well ever since seeing that episode, Josie has been wanting a letter so bad.  So one day she got out some paper and we wrote her friend Molly a letter.  She kept saying, "if you send a letter, you get a letter."  We sent it off and every day she wanted to check the mail to see if she had gotten her letter back.  I put a little hint in Molly's momma's ear that if she could send one her way that would be great and the other day she got her letter in the mail.  She was so excited.  Immedietly she went and got paper and again wrote Molly back.  She  is doing really well with writing....at least I think!



 So if you read this and have a minute to spare send Josie a letter! 


Maggie has also recently gotten a "penpal".  It is my friend from college...Jessica,'s little girl.  She asked me awhile back if I thought Maggie would like that and I said I was sure she was.  Maggie has LOVED it.  She gets so excited when she gets a letter from Betsy and learns new things about  her.  I hope someday she will get to meet her too.  So around here we are taking a step back from the hustle and bustle of internet and emails and going back to good ole paper, envelopes and stamps! 

No comments: