Maggie loves her hair long.....as in gets a trim about once a year long. It has been way overdue for a trim....or should I say a cut. Her hair was touching the top of her pants when pulled straight. And her ends were very "fuzzy." I told her it was time to get her hair cut. I am not big on long hair...especially when I have to fix it. So I told her we would be taking off quite a bit to make it look healthier. She was not excited about it at all.
This was a few weeks ago. Her hair had been in braids so it made it much more frizzy than normal. :)
We had agreed on a length to cut it but I had no idea how many inches it was. Here is Mag right before the cut...
And after.....
We took off 6 1/2 inches! It looked sooo much healthier and bounced up so cute after the cut. She wasn't so sure about it at first. Here she is with what she got cut off. (well a section of it!) She was not nearly as happy as she looked in the picture.
That night she took a shower and when she came out she was so excited about how much faster it was to wash her hair and how much better it felt. And the next morning when we fixed it and her curls looked so cute adn healthy she said, "oh mom, I love it! I am so glad we cut it. Even if I do have short hair now." hahahah. I cracked up at her since I wouldn't call hair past her shoulders short.
I don't see Maggie ever going shorter than this...she thinks my hair is WAY too short. But I was so glad she ended up loving it since she couldn't get the Rapunzel hair back over night.
No comments:
Post a Comment