Her last week of preschool EVER.
As in her last year of still staying home in her PJ's several days a week, running to Louisville with mommy to shop a little and grab some lunch at Chick fil a while the big kids are at school, and staying home on a preschool day "just because it's raining...or she just doesn't feel like going."
To say this makes me sad is an understatement.
This is the saddest "milestone" to me. It is to me one of the biggest changes in my kids life...being with me all day long to being away from me most of the day. I love the preschool age....I have blogged about it before, being one of my favorite stages in my kids lives. And every year when one of my kids hits the age when they are about to enter Kindergarten I begin to kick myself for time I wasted that last year when I had them at home and spent it doing useless other things and not just taking in every little bit of them.
And so here again, as Josie is ending her preschool career, I find myself wishing I had spent every afternoon, while Emmie Jayne slept, just enjoying Josie. I always made some time each day to play a game, read a book, or do something fun with her. But some days the laundry needed done, bathrooms needed cleaned, dinner required more prep time.
And some days I was just exhausted and wanted to rest a bit while Emmie Jayne was quiet and asleep.
And so my Josie time wasn't as long as I now wish it had been.
One of Josie's favorite things to do every afternoon is "cuddle" with me. She says, "mommy, can we "coodle". And I'd say, "color?" (because she doesn't say her r's clear...so it sounded like color). and she'd laugh and say, "no mommy...."coodle." And she'd cuddle up as close as she can get to me and would stay as long as I liked.
Wednesday was her last day in her classroom. The night before I was telling her that after tomorrow she wouldn't go back to preschool. We were talking about it and Owen walked in. He just stood there and listened and as I looked over to him he looked like he could cry any second. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "it just makes me sad that she has to go to Kindergarten next year." I told him that made two of us. Owen is not a fan of school. He thinks preschool is ideal....even now! Go to school a few hours a few days a week, play with friends, and come home to mom. I am pretty sure Owen's preschool years were very enjoyable!
I took a few pictures of Josie that morning before we went to school.
She picked out what she wanted to wear that morning. And she looked super cute I must say!
After school her best friend Molly was coming home with us, which they were both thrilled about.
Here are the two of them
It is so hard to believe they will be in Kindergarten. It doesn't seem that long ago that Shannon and I were walking every evening with the two of them in our bellies! Next year is the first year they will go to a school....or any type of class...without the other one. Josie gets sad whenever she talks about this....So I am praying both girls make great new friends in their schools....while still holding on to their first friendship!
Here she is with a few more of her buddies from preschool.
I have a picture of 4 of the 5 of these kiddos on Josie's first birthday party together.... My goodness times does fly!
Today was the preschools last day of school celebration. We went to a park/splash park nearby for a few hours. It wasn't super hot that morning and was a chance of rain. So I packed the girls swimsuits but was hoping maybe we could just play in the park area.
They were fine with that when we got there and had lots of fun climbing, swinging and sliding.
Emmie Jayne had lots of fun and is big enough this year to do most of the things here without me standing right with her.
She would climb upon things and say, "mommy, take my picture."
So of course I wound up with a million pictures of this cute little face!!
Josie had fun playing with her buddies. They were all so cute together and all loved swinging on the tire swing!
After a bit....both of the girls wondered back over to the splash park area and wanted to get into their suits! It had warmed up so we got them suited up....in their adorable new swimsuits....and off they went to cool down.
Josie jumped right in and didn't mind the cold water at all!
Emmie Jayne on the other hand got in the water and decided it was too cold to stay in for very long. She just wanted to stand back and watch everyone else get buckets dumped on them! She was more than willing to smile for me....as long as I didn't ask her to get in the sprayers!
Josie played for awhile in the water and than decided she wanted to put her clothes back on and go back to the park. So I switched her out and sent her back to play with her friends.
Now...this is where the day got quite interesting....or maybe just gross! Let me back up...Emmie Jayne has been potty trained now for a week or two. She had a small set back earlier in the week when she got a stomach bug and had diarrhea for a few days. She kept up with the peeing on the potty but the other not so much. Well, it had been over 24 hours since she had any diarrhea but I had put a diaper on her this day just in case. After taking off her swim suit she peed in the potty and I decided to just leave the diaper off of her since it had gotten wet in the water.
That was a really bad decision!
I take Emmie back to the playground in her cute little outfit....minus diaper/panties. she is playing and having fun and all of a sudden comes over to me and says, "mommy......change me, wipe me" She turns around and there I see that she is not quite over the diarrhea!
I scoop her up and take her to the bathroom. Thankfully I had a box of wipes with me! I take her outfit off and put it in the sink of cold water hoping it isn't ruined! (Of course it was the first day she had worn it!)
I then went to town on her and tried to get her cleaned up. After spending forever in there I get her cleaned up, and thankfully I had her swimsuit with me!
So it was back into the swimsuit she went. I found another diaper in my bag so I put that on her to keep us safe til we got home! At this point she was grumpy and not happy about leaving....
We grabbed some lunch and headed home for a much needed bath...and nap!
Here is Josie with Mrs. Ashby. The very best 4 year old preschool teacher ever! She was Maggie and Owen's 4 year old teacher....and hopefully will be there to teach Emmie when she is 4!
One more week of Maggie and Owen's school and we will officially be off for the summer! I am hoping it goes REALLY slow!
No comments:
Post a Comment