Sunday, December 04, 2005

Greetings from Germany

Hello!! Joe, Owen, and I arrived here in Kiel Germany at around noon today. That is about 4 am to you all back in the states. It was a long trip but Owen did great. He slept almost the entire 16 or so hour trip. (not all in a plane) It is currently 1 am here adn we are all 3 wide awake. Joe and I have looked everywhere for something to eat, since at home it's dinner time. but everything here shuts down around 8 or so and most things are even open at all on sundays. So, we resorted to the mini bar and busted out a bag of peanuts and a bottle coke. I guess that will hold us until breakfast. The town here is really nice, lots of really cool shopping. It looks basicallly like anywhere else that I have lived...aside from alot of windmills everywhere. And I must say the autoban experiece in a taxi was one I never hope to relive again!! But all in all so far so good. And as for my little Maggie, I guess she is none the worse off for my absence. Live is good with her MiMi and Patti K. In fact, she told me today she couldn't talk she was playing. So I am glad to hear that she hasn't missed me. It makes my trip go much more smoothly for me. Okay, well i am exhausted and even though i for some reason cannot sleep I am going to go attempt to nurse my baby to sleep and get some shut eye myself. WE have a big house hunting day tommorow. Miss you all!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg, joe and O. Maggie is having a lot of fun playin break the ice with PK. We are currently in a crisis with the remote. We did what you told us, at least we thought, and no picture. Then the tv made a strange whistling sound so we just unplugged it. I will call Mary tomorrow. No nap, so we are going to bed around 8. Have a good time and don't worry.

Anonymous said...

Meg,
I am glad you got their safely. I prayed and prayed! I knew O would be great. It sounds like Maggie Mae is doing ok on her own right now. Well, I love you and send some pics if you can. Love
amanda

Mary said...

Meg,
I got a call from Mimi last night to come one over this morning and fix the TV, so hopefully I can figure it out. I don't know about whistling TV's though.....
I may have to send in my expert husband if I can't get it.
I'm so glad your trip is going ok.
See you when you get back!

Mary said...

You might want to buy a new TV while you are over there, yours only screams at you when you plug it in.

Meghan said...

Great, Joe is already talking about mark's big TV and how we really need one like that!! Why???? so we can watch german dora. :)